Screeching noise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frisco69

Reaction score
Got an intermitent screeching noise coming my type1 engine. It usually happens when up to running temperature and increases with engine rpm and sometimes will fade away and then come back.
I took the fan belt off to eliminate the alternator but it's not that.

It has to be internal so looks like a strip down to find out.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. It sounds like a dry bearing to me. Oil pressure is good when it happens aswell so it's not that though there could be a partial blockage to a cam bearing maybe?

Any ideas?

i had that screeching noise from my engine i thought it was belt dyanmo related too it drove me mental :evil: till i traced it down to a loose bolt on the exhaust!! :shock:the bolt had got a little crusty and dry from the exhaust and was happierly driving me insane every time i revved the engine ...........id check for loose bolts first ;)

regards
chris

crede999 said:
i had that screeching noise from my engine i thought it was belt dyanmo related too it drove me mental :evil: till i traced it down to a loose bolt on the exhaust!! :shock:the bolt had got a little crusty and dry from the exhaust and was happierly driving me insane every time i revved the engine ...........id check for loose bolts first ;)

regards
chris

I will certainly check for that Chris. It would be great if that's all it is?

You could be on to something Chris.

I've got one of those adjustable headers. Had quick look just now and the bolts are tight but there is some movement at the joints. ;) Fingers crossed.

Matt.

Latest posts