Slammed busses and anti-roll bars????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
So what's the answer here folks??

Who's running one still? Are there after market 'lowered' ones available?

It's gonna gouge out the road if I re-fit it!!!!

Cheers, Fraggle 8)

I was going to make a narrowed one for the bus, but it really isnt worth it dood, it will not do a great deal if your much lower and if you go a bit narrower then it would be a massive ball ache to do 8)

I had a special 'lowered' CB Performance one fitted to my Oval which just sat up higher out of the way. Didn't know if there's something similar for busses????

It will deffo scrape if I re-fit it.....didn't think of this :oops:

You will get some nice tarmac for your drive if you do fit one ;)

LOL :lol:

I've heard and searched vzi for the answer so it's anyones guess still :lol: :roll: !!!

Anyway,

Stock beam still so heard you can fit the roll bar on top of the bottom trailing arms rather than underneath.

Dunno if you have to flip the roll bar upside down though???????

Anyone?????

I think that for all the trouble dood, you wont notice any difference on a lowered bus. Depends on how low mind, but either way it wont show up on the wobble meter without one :mrgreen:

Fitting it on top is a pain in the ass as the rear bolts that mount it are too short and you need to shim them by about half an inch which makes it unstable anyway. On the bottom it scrapes on EVERYTHING!

Just ditch it, I did, makes no difference to handing anyway.

If want to reduce body roll fit a pair of bug KYB GR2s instead.

The boys here in Aus heat theirs and bend them up a bit. I was going to do it to mine, but before I got around to it, I unslammed my bus a bit and it is no longer in the way.
I don't know if the heating will affect its strength or not but I think it might.
I had to raise it a bit because I have an extra sump hanging down under the motor.

I fitted an uprated Empi anti rollbar on top of the trailing arms and it worked really well,
Fitting one depends on how you are going to drive your bus,
I tend to drive mine like i stole it (hard) so it needed one ;)

run without doubt you will notice, my crossover didn't have one when lowered and my 68 wont either when I get round it fitting the red 9 kit.

uber cool said:
run without doubt you will notice, my crossover didn't have one when lowered and my 68 wont either when I get round it fitting the red 9 kit.

Spot on. The Red 9 and it's adjustable dampning shocks should do the same thing as the anti-roll bar.

I've got a complete red9 front end and had a pretty large rake(high backend). i was asking similar q's on here a few months ago as i was getting a fair bit of body roll. Turns out it was the rake that caused the probs. I had a tinker with the rear leveled out the rake(dropped the backend) and now the handling is awesome :)

In the process of fitting the Red9 kit and gonna come up with this problem soon. Simon from Red9 told me to fit it upside down but not at that stage yet.

Latest posts