Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys!

The wheels are a real nice touch....Moon Eyes, Speedmasters imported by Tim at Roadhouse Retro. They are a 21 ET (If I remember correctly) and they bolted straight on. I have changed the front brakes to CSP's but I am sure they would go on the stock drums.

It has been so nice to work on compared to the 60 panel I finished earlier this year....touch wood :lol: Some parts are a little hard to come by but believe it or not this is a keeper and I am willing to take my time.

looking good dude... it's not far off as low as mine! :D

the wheels are ET21 so slightly better than most aftermarket Alloys(mostly between ET9 and ET12) especially on a early Bay as the wheels are fairly close to the rear arches. they bolt straight drums or CSP discs on the front and the only mod you have to make to the rear is if you have the drums with the 3 little lugs near the hub nut, they have to be trimmed by about 4mm which does not affect the drum structually and can be done carefully with an angle grinder...

Nice looking ride dude - working roof - well done.

Saw those Moon Eyes wheels in VolksWorld mag this month on a 181.
Thought they looked nice on that, but look even better on ya van :wink:
Good on ya 8)

your van seems to look better and better each time i look at this thread,
fantastic combination of wheels, stance and colour ( and patina )

your van seems to look better and better each time i look at this thread,
fantastic combination of wheels, stance and colour ( and patina )

I'm glad you are all liking it. :D It is keeping me busy....

Here are a couple pics (sorry about the quality:

Long awaited Westy Tap.
DSC00830.jpg

Dash Clock: (a little Slough buy)
DSC00837.jpg

UK Registered, Numberplates, and the surrounds (Thanks Mr Revere).
DSC00834.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

Just a question, but what does the little red button (on the dash) with 'B' on it do? Mine has the same? Daz

dubberdaz said:
Just a question, but what does the little red button (on the dash) with 'B' on it do? Mine has the same? Daz

It a brake fliud level test light i think, something along the lines of when you press it it should light up and if it doesn't the fluid is low. it may come on when the fluid is low automatically too, the reason i'm so vague about all this is because i've never had one that's still conected up, they connect to the brake pressure light on the master cylinder with a really small wire and they are usuall broken. i've never really bothered about them as you can see if there's fluid in by looking at the resevior inside the cab...

Monkeyspinner Tim said:
dubberdaz said:

It a brake fliud level test light i think, something along the lines of when you press it it should light up and if it doesn't the fluid is low. it may come on when the fluid is low automatically too, the reason i'm so vague about all this is because i've never had one that's still conected up, they connect to the brake pressure light on the master cylinder with a really small wire and they are usuall broken. i've never really bothered about them as you can see if there's fluid in by looking at the resevior inside the cab...

Ah! thanks for that, looks like mine is not connected either. Not worth the bother hey :wink:

dubberdaz said:
Monkeyspinner Tim said:
dubberdaz said:

Ah! thanks for that, looks like mine is not connected either. Not worth the bother hey :wink:

Ah,

I've got one one mine and thought a previous owner had fitted it.

I now know :)

Faux

How much did you pay for the clock, also my sink is a full stainless ( :?: ) can I assume someone has changed mine (PS could not find pop top brackets and forgot to inform you I do apologise :oops: )

:D Mine Works! :D or at least it lights up when I press it. :roll:

Cheers Tim.....I have just read the article on your bus. It is definately a bus that has inspired a lot of early bay lovers.

Daz, My bus is already for driving now, I even took the family out for a trip today....lovin' it.

Ian...the clock cost me £60, a bit of a treat, and the sink/cooler unit is different for certain years, I could be wrong and often am :D . The cooler on mine is bigger/taller, there is a draw above the cooler for cutlery and the sink is a stainless bowl that can be taken out (No drain hole). I think it is a August 69 and lower unit.

The cooler on mine is bigger/taller, there is a draw above the cooler for cutlery and the sink is a stainless bowl that can be taken out (No drain hole). I think it is a August 69 and lower unit.

Mine is the same as your's Jon - it came out of a 69 bus too.

Good score on the clock too :)

Hi Lee

It's going well at the moment, a bit slow due to the dark evenings. It is hard to motivate yourself at this time of year.

My other van is going to the workshop this week to sort out any bodywork issues. You will love it I recon....lots of Patina. (And a full Westy interior).

faux said:
Hi Lee

It's going well at the moment, a bit slow due to the dark evenings. It is hard to motivate yourself at this time of year.

My other van is going to the workshop this week to sort out any bodywork issues. You will love it I recon....lots of Patina. (And a full Westy interior).

What other van :?:

you kept that quiet! :)

Hi Tim - My dad, bro and me recently bought a 71 bay westy pop top with everything there, stool, cab bed etc. It is very solid but has been standing since 83 in Texas and needs few repairs.

We are debating what to do about paint....the paint is 100% original but has some unfortunate rust patches and bullet holes???? :D I would like to just blend it in as best we can but my dad and bro will want to go for a full paint job, I think?

I will be posting some pics soon, but it is at the body shop at the moment and I am too busy in work to give it my full attention. I much prefere to playing with my own 69 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts