Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Steve

Thanks for the info! Frank seems to be a pretty good source of westy stuff!

Did you get the overiders in the end? Have you got the early parcel shelf with your interior? I have one for sale if you need one.

Thanks Jon - I've got the cargo net already - just needs a little straightening!
Just sorting the overiders at the minute.
I've stripped all the interior out of mine this morning so I've got a flat full of westy furniture for the next few weeks :)

No worries Steve, glad you got the overiders sorted. I know they say a Westy interior is like a piece of art but my Mrs would kill me if I brought it into the house.... :shock:

Daz, nice to see you both in Windy Wales, happy surfing you mad fool.

We had a winter trip out today, gotta make use of the dry weather. :)

View from the carpark at a scienic drive just down the road.
DSC00894.jpg

And a couple of the bus.....so nice to be using her.
DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

Cool pics Jon, was nice to see you too bud. Surf was good and the new winter surf gear kept me toastie!! Really it did!! :eek:

Managed to get a few more bits done this week end:

Changed the canvas to one from the states (Cheers Graham):

DSC00928.jpg

Fitted a switch to my new fog light (and one for the very noisey clock, for when I am camping):

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

And fitted new under seat mats, the old ones were too far gone:

DSC00929.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

And we managed to get out in her too. I need to fit a new carb and fix the brake lights in time for Dubfreeze......wish me luck.

Sic as ever John , got a fog light with a cheeky switch like yours , cool mate :wink:

i know i've probrably said this before but your van looks awesome. seems to get better and better each time i look at this thread .

Cheers Guys, I am really enjoying doing this one. It has been such a pleasure to work with.

Dubfreeze here we come! See you all there.

Very nice looking bus Faux, I like how you hid the plugs and the Propex. Where do you fit the propane - Is it small enough to fit under the seat? What size bottle do you use? Hope you don't mind me asking - I've got to fit one.

tintintin said:
Very nice looking bus Faux, I like how you hid the plugs and the Propex. Where do you fit the propane - Is it small enough to fit under the seat? What size bottle do you use? Hope you don't mind me asking - I've got to fit one.

Hi and Thanks

I used a 7.5kg bottle, it is too big really to fit under the seat so Imanged to squeeze it into the rear cupboard.

You can get a smaller camping gaz bottle but they are more expensive to buy and fill. I did used one in my previous bay.

Can you spot the little additions?

NOS with the box from the states.....cheers J for sorting them out for me.

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

New steering box fitted......HOW HARD IS IT TO GET THE ARM OFF!!!!! :roll:

Driving so much better now, ready for the trip to Volksworld, I just hope the weather changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts