Sneak Preview 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers again....I do love the stance, not as low as Tims, but low enough for me.

Things to do before Dubfreeze:
Replace steering coupling
Service
Roof Canvas
Roof Hinges
Waxoil the underside
Fit propex heater
Fit decent fridge
12v + 240v electrics
And for my pleasure....a sub :D

Oh and build a car port big enough to fit the van.

John, i will be busy with bloody Xmas lights for the next 4 weeks. After that i can come down and sort your electrics on your van. Hope this is ok, Daz

dubberdaz said:
John, i will be busy with bloody Xmas lights for the next 4 weeks. After that i can come down and sort your electrics on your van. Hope this is ok, Daz

Christmas Lights???? :shock: in October????? :? what is the world coming to? Well if it pays the bills. lol :D

Any help, any time Daz, sorry I didn't get to the BBQ, I had some shelves to put up :x and I want to get my van running properly before I do any long runs. I will try to make the Maiden voyage to Hairy Ford.... :roll:

Sorry Lee,

I haven't had chance to do anything on the bus, I can't even fit it in the garage yet. I have a load of parts in the garage ready to fit....aswell as a 59 rolling ghia chassis...... and a pile of wood on the drive for the carport.

Where did the summer go?

faux said:
Sorry Lee,

I haven't had chance to do anything on the bus, I can't even fit it in the garage yet. I have a load of parts in the garage ready to fit....aswell as a 59 rolling ghia chassis...... and a pile of wood on the drive for the carport.

Where did the summer go?

:oops: Sorry faux! It won't be there long- You gonna be home over the weekend? If so I'll have a day on it then and it will be gone! Promise!!!

Not a problem Paul, it is quite cool having another aircooled at the house.

I have made a start on the carport. :D

Tim was very right, the summer may have been a bit rubbish but the weather has been great lately.....

Time for an update:

Simon has finally received the import documents from customs....cheers mate....and I have been to the DVLA so a new registration should be here next week and Tax.

I have been on a few short test drives to Cardiff and Magor, the steering is a bit better and I am used to it now. So much nicer to drive than my old split screen.

I have had the roof off and fixed the hinge and put a new canvas on. So Paul you will be pleased to see the blue luggage strap has gone.

Lee here are a few pics to keep you happy:

The broken hinge:
DSC00809.jpg

My hand made attempt:
DSC00810.jpg

The New Canvas:
DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

All in all I am a very happy with it..... :D

A couple more pics of the sunday family outing:

The roofline looks so much better now: :D
DSC00813.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

I had to take this one...even though my bus is parked a few meters away you can see how this monster dwarfed it: :lol:
DSC00815.jpg

lovein those wheels jon.Van is so sweet bet you are over the moon with it

Cheers all, a long way to go but really happy. Lots of small bits to do.

Just to add to my toubles my brother, my dad and me have just bought a 71 westy......Pics will be in a few weeks

Hi John did those rims bolt straight on your 69` dude
You have done so well with the van since getting it mate 8) 8) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts