Sometimes having trouble getting into first gear,any ideas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veedub-love

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,i've got another problem with my early bay :( ,sometimes i find it hard to get into first gear,when i'm coming to a junction and i go to put it in to first sometimes i have trouble,i have to really force it(as i'm panicing) and sometimes i don't it goes in ok,i have a empi trigger shifter fitted if that makes any difference,any ideas.

The alignment of the base plate may be ever so slightly out....possibly. Or the linkages/coupling and bushes along the rod may be worn.

Mine does that. Try going into second first with the clutch depressed then straight into first.

Is there too much free-play in the clutch cable- if its still dragging a tiny bit when the clutch pedal is fully depressed then you may get what ya seeing?

Good luck pal :mrgreen:

Thanks guys,when i'm going down hill and changing down the box,sometimes i can't get any gears at all!!! then i'm panicing trying to get it into first its a nightmare,i'm going to see how tight the clutch cable is and adjust if need be and then i'm going to change the guides,couplings and selector plate,i've not long brought this bus :lol:

Latest posts