Splash pans....am I missing something?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meowdmucker

Reaction score
Whilst waiting for my engine to be fixed I decided to fit the splash pan thingy's behind the bumper which I've had for ages. Then after all the effort of searching ages for originals and getting them blasted/ powder coated, buying the rubber seals etc they are fitted, look pretty smart but after all that effort I cannot for the life of me see why I've bothered apart from originality!! Can anybody tell me what they are suppost to do apart from rust over the years? Saying that the chrome domed bolt that goes in the side of the bumper makes things look a whole lot better I must say!

they do fix the ends of the bumper to the body,unless you like them flaping about ;)

WHS ^^
Apart from reducing the amount of muck thrown up onto the rear - because the bumper wraps round it needs support, otherwise it waggles about and eventually suffers from metal fatigue. It also prevents the bumper twising up or down on light impacts (such as reversing against a high kerbston for instance).

Latest posts