Spring plate fitting and c notching

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
I'm gonna be fitting my creative engineering spring plates at the weekend, finally! And putting some c notches in. Couple of questions, do you need to grease the donuts at all? Do you need longer bolts to fit the caps back on?
I'm gonna put a small notch in the chassis, I've seen some pics of people with two notches per side, is there any need for that or does it lift the drive shaft enough with the spring plate to make it so you don't need to put another notch in ?

Any tips would be super!

Also, it's down 2 splines at the min, is 1 spline and adjustable plates right? Or leave it at 2 ?

Did a bit of research when doing mine and general consensus seemed to be to use talcum powder on the donuts so that's what I did! Didn't need longer bolts once on, but had to use some to get the original bolts to take. Just used some long 8mm bolts and nuts I had through 2 of the holes.

I only have one notch. Was a 2 spline drop but moving back to 1 spline given the built in drop in the adjustable springplates.

Well, I've done the job today, went ok, the one notch isn't enough as the stabilising arm hits the chassis! Spring plate is two splines down. Gonna have to get some horse shoe plates on there as well, unless anyone has any other suggestions!
I did same as yo with some smaller bolts to pull the caps in

I do run 5.5 inch wheels and a 185 tyre, I'm concerned that with horse shoe plates on as well I might not get the wheel on or off! With the reduction in camber

Latest posts