Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good advice Jon, i did nearly ring you!! I didnt think to grind the ends............

Anyhow I hopfully have raised the front enough with the coilovers to stop the rubbing, altho I need to bleed the brakes and get the MOT next week before i can test my handywork. All being well it will be fine how and i will leave well alone..........well im gonne get some trailing arms with new ball joints from aircooled something? (name escapes me for now) and change them as mine are shot, but now im an expert it should only take 30mins each side :lol: (that will be a 1st on this bus :|

Just

creationblue said:
Good advice Jon, i did nearly ring you!! I didnt think to grind the ends............

Anyhow I hopfully have raised the front enough with the coilovers to stop the rubbing, altho I need to bleed the brakes and get the MOT next week before i can test my handywork. All being well it will be fine how and i will leave well alone..........well im gonne get some trailing arms with new ball joints from aircooled something? (name escapes me for now) and change them as mine are shot, but now im an expert it should only take 30mins each side :lol: (that will be a 1st on this bus :|

Just

Hi!

God what a palaver!! Try Scott Wilson for the trailing arms, this is where i got mine from, cheaper than other dealers, and use parcel2go to send your old ones back.
Mine had Meyle ball joints fitted.

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
creationblue said:

Just

Hi!

God what a palaver!! Try Scott Wilson for the trailing arms, this is where i got mine from, cheaper than other dealers, and use parcel2go to send your old ones back.
Mine had Meyle ball joints fitted.

Cheers!

Alistair

I did mail Scott a few months back, but he must be a busy man as i didnt get a reply......So gonna get them done locally when i get off my ass and arrange it :? In for an MOT atm, and a steering ball joint that i damaged whilst stripping the beam :roll: Wanna take it to Brean this weekend as we havnt used it for about a month :shock:

Just

Ok bit of an update, had the ball joints done, drag link changed and the rear down two splines, and a new clutch cable and a good greasing, unbelievable in the difference that makes to the feel of the bus!!!! Thanks go out to Clive and the boys at The Old Dub Shop for their efforts, Volksworld were in town last Friday so look out for a review in the coming months 8)

Picture039-2.jpg

Picture040-3.jpg

This is what its all about 8)

Picture041-2.jpg

Just

Another weekend away 8) (come setup test ;) )

Picture044-2.jpg

Im loving the look, but the ride is harsh with the Spax set to maximum firmness, so a bit more fettling needed. Got home and fitting the adaptor back in to the shox and set them up again just to get about 10mm increase in height so i can soften the damping.......update next weekend :lol:

Big brother pic...
Picture046.jpg

Just

Been using the bus loads lately 8)

Had a day off yesterday and spent some time with two of the 3 kids (other was at skool :lol: )

Callum trailing to be Jenson Button

Picture047-1.jpg

Then off to a local fishing lake, about 3 miles from home, here is the view out the bay window

Picture048.jpg

Had a picnik with a view

Picture050-1.jpg

Using the van as intended

Picture052-2.jpg

Then pack up and back home

Picture053-1.jpg

Priceless 8)

Just

Nice 8)

Love the cheeky shot of the speedster (looks like a kit) in the background ;)

It is a kit, running a Golf GTi engine at present, soon to go aircooled 8)

Yup Sparky thats The Dub Shop.

Just

Looking good dood, what happened to the Rostyles? 8)

Latest posts