Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bus is back home 8)

Picked it up today, just back from a 30 mile trip, and its great :D

Few pics (crap quality sorry)

Picture376.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Alt conversion

Picture381.jpg

Webber IDF40 8) CB linkages

Picture384.jpg

Just about make out the 6 Rib 'box

Picture383.jpg

Happy with the bumpers too

Picture386.jpg

Picture379.jpg

Had a play with the wheels whilst i was in the mood the other week

Picture382.jpg

I wasnt sure, but I think they look good, esp when i put the caps on

Picture380.jpg

Only done 60miles so far, need to get around a 1000m on the clock before the rolling road session to smooth things out, but on the motorway managed 70 on about 1/4 throttle (basically running on the idle jets), gonna be great when i can use full power 8)

Picture387.jpg

Big thanks to Jason @ Interpro for the advice and top quality work, well worth the wait.

Next up..........Turbo and full EFI, this is the prototype, next year me thinks..........

Picture378.jpg

Picture385.jpg

I got Friday off work, need to fix bumper trims, and OG Westy Curtains and chuck a bucket of water over it then off to VanWest, cant wait!

Just

Looking great 8)

Notice you have the fuel filter in the engine bay though :(

Looking grand!

Love the turbo set up on that split, mind you its amazing how many turbo set up from Race Shack Jase has had to fix! most of them went pop within a few weeks :shock:

Great work on the wheels, looking grand in a type 3 style 8)

easy said:
Looking grand!

Love the turbo set up on that split, mind you its amazing how many turbo set up from Race Shack Jase has had to fix! most of them went pop within a few weeks :shock:

Great work on the wheels, looking grand in a type 3 style 8)

I wasnt sure how the wheels would look, so thanks for the coments, im pleased too, took fooking ages to do!!!!

Just

AIR_CHILLED said:
Wow, mate just went through your entire thread and I’m inspired!

Looks like a very practical/ usable van.

Mike.

Thanks Mike, its been a drip drip process, i was inspired from threads on here too 8)

Just

Been busy tonight, like a kid in a sweet shop :lol:

Fitted a few more trinkets ive been amassing..

Picture390.jpg

Westy Curtains went in, except the cab door ones as i cant for the life of me work out you attach anything to the sliders in the rail :? job for another day

Picture391.jpg

Bumper trims on shinny bumpers

Picture392.jpg

Just

Another evening in the garage......

Fitted the Dormobile cooker, its great even if i do say so myself :lol:

Picture410.jpg

Picture409.jpg

Picture411.jpg

Picture413.jpg

Was fiddly as fook, measure 4 times drill once :lol:, fits perfectly, next job plumb in the gas.....

Just

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to getting out and putting some miles on it, & catching up at some shows.

Just

A few more jobs tonight,

Never was able to switch the light on in the bus, as the micrp switches on the light were missing, infact the retaining screws fell off and the switched were in the fitting, so fitted some new ones....now i can have 1 lamp or 2 or even three, what a choice :lol:

017.jpg

018.jpg

Now for the Westy window rubbers, was not looking forward to this as i tried and failed once before due to my lack of patients :roll:

Anyhow managed it 8) covers that void around the windows nicely....

026.jpg

022.jpg

Next job, cleaning the interior, under cab seats ect, really need to do a proper job of getting rid of the Cali dust and crap, wish me luck :msn4:

Just

Few other jobs ticked off the list this weekend, knocked up some brackets for the number plate from som ally strips I had lying about the place, the plate just wouldnt sit right bolted to the bumper.

003.jpg

Also made a new panel for the slider, I actually bought one off ebay but after taking the old one off and damaging it in the process i then found the replacment was bout an inch short on the bottom and the radius's were all wrong..... maybe from a late bay???

Anyhow managed to make one using what i had left from the OG one, and it fitted 1st time 8) No pics tho, its not very exciting i must say :D

Also spent a few hours yesterday cleaning the tubs under the cab seats, took the seats out and cleaned up the dust and crap ect, took ages but was well worth the effort. Found an envelope under the cab seat with a shopping list on the back

001.jpg

Something else for the bus file......

Just

Latest posts