Summer Hols booked in Wales

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araon

Reaction score
OK just booked the summer hols and the first year away from the sea in donkeys.....

Lake Bala snowdonia any recomendations must sees etc..... probably means I need to see if i can fix the canoe or buy a new inflatible.....

take an umbrella :lol:

i got to wales every month from Essex for work, as soon as i hit the bridge it starts

seriously tho, in the summer the views are fantastic, and its great in the summer sun

The Mountain biking centre is well worth a visit,

http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/Centres/Coed_y_Brenin/Coed_y_Brenin.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aberdovey is great, a pint on the balcony of pub is a must!

Which site are you on? The one on the opposite side to the village has a little steam railway that stops next to it, takes you to the village, great for the kids.

if you grt up that far theres a free slate museum in Llanberris, the the other side of the lake from the snowdon train station, sounds boring but its free and superb,really interactive for little ones, and go inside the mountain to see the hydro electric station, amazing, then theres the cracking walks and beautiful scenery, castles , beaches etc etc

lovely part of the uk. Abersoch is a nice surfy area, reminds me of croyde a few years ago, Aderdaron also nice little place on the west coast, whistling sands, very nice beach! Ile dig some pictures out.

this summer i will be mostly standing in mud at margam park (thats my welsh hols) :shock:
didnt make it last year as clashed with drag meet :roll:

PYE said:
Which site are you on? The one on the opposite side to the village has a little steam railway that stops next to it, takes you to the village, great for the kids.

thats the one, bloody cheap and there letting the dogs in fo free

hi heres a link to some that allow fires (well it aint camping unless you got a fire !!)
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

havent looked through them but there looks some good uns any around snowdown youll be fine ,

regards
chris

They allow fires on the beach on that site, there is a massive rope swing on an old oak tree, I cringed when I saw the kids on it though cos the branch is rotten as a pear :shock:

we pitch up on the 17th july, got a couple of friends with us too really looking forward to time off work already :lol:

Mike F ,I visited the Corris a couple years back and was really impressed with the atmosphere and friendly people.
Im in the process of rebuilding my 16mm ngr in my garden,it has taken the back seat for the past 6 years due to my playing with VW`s.
I wonder how many others on here have similar interests, I saw on another web site a post by" Early Bay" and wonder if it is the same person that instigated this forum.

chrisby - it's not normally something I'd admit to on here hence the link rather than a photobucket shot!

I've been round lines for 40+ years and at long last have found the right place, decent people without an edge or gripe, all working hard for a common aim and having fun in the meantime.

I may even be up there on the 18th July Araon.

I live just a little south of Machynlleth. I've been up to Bala and the surrounding area quite a bit. Get to Lake Vyrnwy. Amazing surroundings. Port Meirion, where the Prisoner was filmed, is cool. Down our way has a lot to offer too. C.A.T. and Corris [as someone mentioned] isn't too far from Bala. The Nant-yr-Arian Kite Centre just outside Aberystwyth is a great place too.

Latest posts