The Bus Stop Over - Battle of the Bays?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bus Stop Over

15th to 17th June 2012

http://www.thebusstopover.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last couple of years there has been a 'Battle of the Bays' - a line up of Early Bays vs. Late Bays which is judged on a friendly rivalry basis.

Weve been asked if we'd like to participate again, we need a point of contact to take on the line up ... anyone interested?

:)

If you drive it there, it's good enough! 8)

I love this show but it is always the weekend of Fathers Day which usually causes issues due to the 'extended family' bullshit that so many of us have to deal with. Would be happy to co-ordinate the line up but IF we go, would have to leave early/mid morning Sunday and the 'battle' commences about then so cannot take up the mantle.
Hope there are many who can do the line up, think last year was a bit of a non event from our side (myself included :oops:)

^ Pete, Battle of the Bays (for the past couple of years) has been held saturday mid morning to mid afternoon, so, reading your post, all should be well!!

Better get our lot rousted!!

MarkC68 said:
^ Pete, Battle of the Bays (for the past couple of years) has been held saturday mid morning to mid afternoon, so, reading your post, all should be well!!

Better get our lot rousted!!

In that case, no problem, except at the moment I can't commit to attending at all. :?

To be honest I thought this show was very poor last year and the battle of the Bays didn't really happen, they had swapped the fields around and the show was no where near as big as it had been in previous years. Having chatted to a couple of other traders I know they have decided not to bother this year based on last year.

Don't think we will be going as in previous years it had been really good, too many shows going on?

As above really, we didnt think it was as good last year. No earlybay line up really other than a couple of vans. Also they dont allow camp fires now which when it was pretty cold weather didnt make for fun evenings. We decided not to attend this year.

Id say unless someone is able to actively take the role of lead for the Early Bay line up, and we can see at least ten(?) vans showing serious interest then its best declined. Go hard, or go home. ;)

Like others, Fathers Day, distance and a busy calender mean Im out.

Thats a shame as It seemed like a show that had great potential. :(

The main arena seemed a bit scatty and the show and shine was not well organised, but there were alot of vans there and alot of early bays.
Some of the best were in the Camping area, not in the S.A.S.
So with a bit of Organizing im sure it has the potential to be good show.
Battle of the bays is a good idea, all you need is a line of earlys facing the opposition, with a banner that people can actually see advertising the club.
And as for it being Fathers day, ill take my family with me.... coz the old man loves it to (SSVC Member). Two birds one stone!!!!
Unfortunately im there for the crack. I'll participate but I dont do organizing....out of work!! ;)

I put my van in the line up last year for the battle of the bays, to clarify there were seven or eight on our side compared to what seemed like two dozen of the late variety.The show itself was a bit sparse but you have to take it for what it is,somebody has gone to the trouble of organisng a show and having a bit of fun with VWs.It can all get a bit serious at times as demostrated recently at a show and shine where one certain individual was struting round as if he had a devine right to win whatever trophy,get a life.People bring their vehicle along to any do with an emense amount of pride having spent as much money they have available for other people to get ideas and admire the vans.If your putting your van in the early bay line up then good luck and hope our side wins for once lol

Hey Foz who won the best bay at bus types?See yours made top 3 and well deserved.

Surely we can muster up 15 plus early bays.So thats Lobie,my vanway 69,foz and damn it Im going along with two other friends of mine who have earlies.

Participation in the line up or Battle of the Bays is secondary to attending the event. However, if noone takes on the organising of Early Bay line up by the end of this month, its only fair to inform the organisers that we wont be able to take part. Its not fair on them to be advertising an attraction that isnt going to happen.

Clem said:
Participation in the line up or Battle of the Bays is secondary to attending the event. However, if noone takes on the organising of Early Bay line up by the end of this month, its only fair to inform the organisers that we wont be able to take part. Its not fair on them to be advertising an attraction that isnt going to happen.

What is involved exactly in the organisation of the line up? (sorry if that sounds a dumb question) :oops:
I just presume we all put our name down in a list on here, turn up on the day, and beat those Late Bay mofo's into a submission, never witnessed at this gathering before!! ?? :shock:

Obviously if your unsure about getting there for definate you dont put your name down......correct?...or am i missing something HUUUUAGGEEE here? :?

If no-one wants it? i'll happily take up the 'EB point of contact' position

Need to act fast if we want to secure 'early bird' or 'advanced' tickets....deadline 30th April.....at least 10 members required
So who's with me??

1. FoZ

Foz said:
Clem said:

What is involved exactly in the organisation of the line up? (sorry if that sounds a dumb question) :oops:
I just presume we all put our name down in a list on here, turn up on the day, and beat those Late Bay mofo's into a submission, never witnessed at this gathering before!! ?? :shock:

Obviously if your unsure about getting there for definate you dont put your name down......correct?...or am i missing something HUUUUAGGEEE here? :?

If no-one wants it? i'll happily take up the 'EB point of contact' position

Need to act fast if we want to secure 'early bird' or 'advanced' tickets....deadline 30th April.....at least 10 members required
So who's with me??

1. FoZ
2. Lobie

westy geoff said:
Hey Foz who won the best bay at bus types?See yours made top 3 and well deserved.

Cheers fella, I'm unsure who won 'Best Bay' or if there was even such a category awarded?......i presume it was voted 'Top 3' and not 1 winner as such?? :?
My 1st attendance to the show, so i'm not 100% on that. Possibly mine came 3rd then??
Were some awesome buses there tho, standards were very high!

In my eyes every single bus that made it there was a winner! 8)

Nice one Foz :)

Just compile a list of those who are up for it, if you get the ten (+) then we (the forum) are on board and can liaise with The Bus Stopover guys and Mark from the Late Bay. Then on the day its just someone to got people into position etc, its really not much hassle but means everything gets sorted out.

Latest posts