The Freeze, what did i miss?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Come on then was it anygood this year. Souds like it was going to be a Passat line up from the other thread.....
Ant pics as im working and need a Dub fix while i bob about mid channel.

The vehicle display was quiet this year, not much in the early bay department. Mainly modern stuff which is ok if you like that sort of thing. The usual parts suppliers were there, so i now have plenty of bits and bobs to fit, i think midland wheels did well as most of the alloy sets were marked up as sold by 10 oclock.

it woz ace fella :D ,shit show and shine :cry: bad lots to c in the car park :D

picked up a 1946 suit case 4 the roof rack :wink: off a m8 :arrow:

There was plenty of parts to be had, I bought some nice clear front indicators & some ratio rockers to finish off the 2007 motor ;)

Lots of 'hate' being posted else where :roll:

Its was a good weekend for us. Got a few bits from the swapmeet, had a good mosey about, and basically enjoyed being back on the scene again after the winter break. 8)

Show and shine took us 5 minutes to check over, and there was a lot more 'lifestyle' stalls inside perhaps? But still lots of good stuff to rub a chin over, I thought.
Quite a few NOS early panels being touted about, which is good to see, too.

Roll on Volksworld!

I think a lot of the people that have a gripe about the show usually complain about the 'show' section. Personally myself I always see DF as primarily a swapmeet, and the show bit is just a little extra.

Anyways, we had a good time. Caught up with some peeps we hadn't seen since last year, met some new people, got a few little bits we needed, and I came back £600 better off thanks to some trading. :lol:

Only bit I didn't like was the 8 hours travelling, but you can't win them all. :D

I agree about the show and shine and there was a good variety of cars in it. The mk2 golf. :shock: That was clean. :lol: And a couple more nic motors as well. But not one early bay. :?: But I was expecting more cars there with it being the first of the season!

But all in all a good day had. :lol: 8)

I didn't go myself, did loads of work on my bus instead. But the whinging on VZi has really wound me up. Basically people whinging about every minor detail, the entry price, the food, the number of people, the price of stuff and even the car parking.

We should go on mass next year, have an early bay camp over the night before then see if we can get an early bay line up going to give all the spiltty owners something to whine about.:D

it was over 350miles there and back for me.
on the way up the propshaft on my daily started to vibrate and i spent the best part of the 350 miles feeling like i was driving over rumble strips! not something i ever want to do again!

got in to dubfreeze got what i wanted and got out again. got a couple of bargins but thought some of the panels were stupidly priced! i wanted a 23 window tailgate and one was £200, bent and had filler in it...WTF?
saw wayne at volksheaven and got an OG paint one straight as for £140. still a lot of cash but it just needs priming and painting as its that good!

Re food, i always take a packed lunch! ;)

didnt go in the show and shine!

crikey,there are a lot of whingers about on vzi arnt there,
in my opinion dubfreeze was the same as usual,a great day out,i picked up some bargain bits and pieces.
it also gets me fired up for the season ahead :D

I enjoyed Dubfreeze! It was the same old show I know & love! & the weather was good. some people just like to moan about everything!
:D

Everyime I pop on VZi there is always someone moaning, pisses me off! I going to stay off it now I think and ust use it for mechanical info. :lol:

The highlight of the day in the for sale section was splitcreen pick up imported from Peru. Lots of people could see the funny side anyway. Don't know whether is sold.

See any small problems?

7.jpg

slammedkustom said:
Re food, i always take a packed lunch! ;)
we saw you guys on our way to buy a part, i said we would catch up with you later and we didnt see you again!

guess you were out on the green eating your picnic :D

We were hiding from you! :lol:

dubfreeze was like a hit n run for us, got in, got our bits and got out again.
i was home around 4o/c! :shock:

Latest posts