Trouble with Autosparks wiring loom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinprice2004

Reaction score
Last week I just bought a wiring loom from Autosparks. I have had quite a bit of difficulty fitting it. I believe they also supply other VW companies such as Cool Air.

Anyone else had difficulty as I wrote to them and they said it was just me who was having problems. Here is a list of the troubles I have found so far.

1) The main central part of the loom has loose sheathing around it (About 30mm + ) Unfortunately on a VW bus this loom feeds through a conduit along the length of the vehicle. It almost doesn't fit. Two people have to struggle for 2 about an hour covered in grease to get it to fit.

2) The colours of the wires are incorrect. Some foolw the VW standard, some are just random.

3) The loom at the front is about 1 metre too long. You basically have to cut off all the terminals and redo them.

4) The horn wiring is sheathed with the brake master switch sensors for about 500mm too much. You have to lie on your back and cut it all off. This is quite hard to do under a bus.

5) I cannot seem to find any wiring for the rear number plate light.

6) There are lots of wires for a diagnosis plug. My model doesn't have one. Most VW owners take them off anyhow.

7)There is a large multi connector too far along the loom. You have to dismantle this to get it through the conduit.

They certainly used to supply good looms. I believe there has been a recent change of owner/ management which could be resulting in what sounds like sloppy assembly.
The 8 way Multiplug is at the front end of the main section, hence the correct way to install is from the front to the back.
I can't comment on other issues, but certainly do sympathise!
Peter Good

Latest posts