• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Turbocharging?? MSD6BTM ignition control

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevdonlon

Reaction score
i have for sale a MSD6BTM ignition control module,this will automatically retard the ignition timing of any 4,6,or 8 cylinder engine thathas a turbo or supercharger fitted,it as fitted to my camper for about 400 miles,i now have fully programmable timing and injection so it is no longer required
It will cost you £400+ to buy one of these
I want £250 posted to anywhere in mainland UK
i still have the box and instructions

This is the MSD description

MSD BTM Ignition for Supercharged/Turbo Engines

The 6 BTM is ideal for engines with a turbo or supercharger. Not only will the engine benefit from MSD’s full power CD sparks, but there is also an adjustable boost/timing retard circuit to prevent detonation.

When your supercharger (turbo or blower) forces the air/fuel ratio into the engine, the cylinder pressure inside the combustion chamber increases. The result is a great amount of power but this can also lead to detonation which can result in severe engine damage. The 6 BTM lets you dial away detonation by retarding the timing in relation to the boost pressure. By electronically controlling the ignition timing your engine can run on the threshold of detonation to obtain maximum power and efficiency.

The BTM also features a dash mounted control knob that lets you adjust the amount of timing retard. It can be adjusted from 0° per pound of boost to 3° per pound. The boost pressure is monitored by a sensor built into the MSD.
The 6 BTM also shares the Soft Touch Rev Control of the 6AL Ignition for overrev protection. The BTM is supplied with rubber shock mounts and rpm modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm.

d790_1_b.jpg

please mail any questions to [email protected]

cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330179446254&ssPageName=STRK:MESC:IT&ih=014

Latest posts