Twin carbs and solid fuel line

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
After swing all the van fires lately I thought I would opt for solid fuel lines on my new engine

Just wondering if anyone has done it? I'm running twin dellortos, so just wondering how the lines would connect to the carbs? Also how does it then connect to the electronic fuel pump?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Not sure if this would be a better solution than the modern ethanol proof fuel lines
Surely hard fuel lines can fracture causing fuel leaks worse than a perished hose
Modern motor manufacturers dont use them
I change all my fuel lines every year as a service item just to make sure they are good for summer season
Will watch what others say on the issue though

I can see where you are coming from, and to be hones that's probably a more cost effective option. I inspect my fuel lines regularly. A friend of mine fitted the modern fuel line but within a year it had perished badly.

I thought about going for this with my new engine http://www.airkewld.com/Dellorto-12mm-Hardline-Fuel-Line-Kit-p/8080.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - but in the end I went for bio fuel hose as an alternative.

Being a gas engineer I contemplated using copper (cheap - work :shock: ) however as Stuf says,
it's all about the shock and decided against it and just put the lines on the 6 monthly check list.
Had to many bashed and bumped lines in my time and had a few leaks occur (not my doing :shock: ),
felt safer using flexi stuff.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts