Tyres / Stance Thread - Lets see what ya runnin!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn82 said:
185/55/15 on the rear
165/45/15 on the front
standard ride hight and front beam i think :lol:
IMG_1597_zps19335ebc.jpg

IMG_1595_zps356f24bf.jpg

SAM_0367_Converted_zpsd6c64e98-1_zps8c2311aa.jpg

That is one sweet looking bus!

This thread has been a great help to me whilst I've been sorting my ride height and tyre choice so thanks to everyone for posting ;)

Its a little premature but I can finally contribute something back :)

Front is Slamwerks K&L 4.5" narrowed beam with Brazilian dropped spindles and late bay discs/calipers.
Rear is Slamwerks adjustable plates and stock drums.

Wheels are SSP Fooks 5.5" x 15" on all 4 corners

Tyres are Continental. Ecocontact 5 on the back in 195/65/15 95H XL and Ecocontact Premium 2 on the front in 185/55/15 86H XL. The XL means they have reinforced sidewalls.

Slammed1_zps510c8011.jpg

Slammed2_zps112185e8.jpg

Slammed4_zpsfce9c44d.jpg

I havent bought shocks yet because i need to finalize the ride height to measure the distances between shock mounts but they will be either Spax adjustables or Monroe airs .

Body wise, in these pics the rear bumpstop brackets have been removed and the A arms are about 5mm off the chassis rail! The front tyres are about 2mm off the tubs and the track rods are disconnected! He rolls but obviously can't be driven like this and I'd like to lower the back a fraction more so I've ordered a pair of Slamwerks tubs and notching and tubbing will be done over the next couple of weeks ;)

Haven't seen the full effect in person yet, but just had my 72 lowered a couple of inches all round (maybe 3 at the front). Running stock 14" rims and 185x70 tyres

lowered_bus.jpg

Matt

Ok,

3.5" spindles and Adjustable spring plates. Gaz coil overs on the way.
Front - 175 65r x 15 Rear - 185 65r x 15
Splitscreen rims

28resized.jpg

27resized.jpg

SAM_0731.jpg

s&mbay said:
Lowered 4" on adjusters front and two splines at the rear.
175x65x14 front and 185x14 rear.
photoapr14190051.jpg

How do you find it rides with those adjustments? Why doesn't it look like 4 inch drop at the front?

How do you find it rides with those adjustments? Why doesn't it look like 4 inch drop at the front?
It rides fine, nice on corners and doesn't knock or bang. Did sit pretty high to start but defo 4" drop. I must admit the photo doesn't look that much!

s&mbay said:
It rides fine, nice on corners and doesn't knock or bang. Did sit pretty high to start but defo 4" drop. I must admit the photo doesn't look that much!

Good to hear s&mbay!

some hard looking bays out there and great info that has help me with my decisions on purchases.
Here's is our 1970 Westfalia in Brillant Blue

my setup:
CE Weedeater 2 - 3.75inch Narrowed Ball Joint Beam (Over engineered work of art)
2 Spline and levelled on CE Adjustable Spring Plates
Tyres:wanted a flush look so..
Front 155/65/14
Rear: 175/65/14

Next stage is to measure the shocks and either get CE Spax Shocks or GAZ GP Shocks that Graham MEB & Adam 67westy has recommended, as ive got bouncy front end! So need to firm things up.
But im not sure if these will fit or suit a narrowed beam with no drop spindles??!! any advice please? :?

OldSpeed said:
Stock height. Stock 185R14 tyres.

micro_effected.jpg

No plans to change any of the above. :msn4:

Loving the colour and patina but I like to see some slam

john the horse said:
ajuze4uh.jpg

185s on the rear and slams50 on the front , was stock height before these tyres were fitted!!

Jth

Just did a little sex wee after seeing that pic :lol:

Looking grand JTH but totally undriveable around the west country :lol:

Latest posts