UPDATED - looking for my dads early bay - reg HWC239H

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StripedHemi

Reaction score
firstly hello everyone im new here :) not new to the scene but alas ive not been fortunate to own an Early bay... currently i have a 66 split, previously had bugs, golfs and a late bay.. probably not that relevent so i'll continue

other than being a EB fan the reason im posting here is im looking to see if i can find my dads old camper from back in the 80's, wondering if its still out there etc etc

now i dont have a lot of info at the mo so im not expecting miracles but i can give you what i know at the mo.....

1970 i assume as it was an 'H' reg, right hand drive orange and white danbury with popup roof.. the reg is distinctive being HWC***H, hoping that might job some memories, my mum recalls it by saying hot water company lol... now i do have pictures at my parents house which i shall dig out whilst there next week and i'll scan them for upload

so for now i'll expect not a lot of progrees due to me needing the full reg but i appreciate the imput and you guys maybe keeping an eye out as you look thru your show pics etc :p

im off to look thru the gallery at some of your stunning buses... thanks guys hope to speak soon

Paul

Update: found the pics of the bus and the reg was: HWC239H pics will follow once ive recieved them thru email

you might already know this but if you can gleen the full reg from a picture for example you can check it on the dvlc site and see if its still on the road,or when it was last taxed :mrgreen:

thanks guys, i have heard of being able to check that info... will do once i get the full reg from the pics ;)

just thought id post up some info incase someone on here owned it or knows of it or it triggers a memory from a show etc

There is a section of volkszone dedicated to these searches. It's called 'lost & found'. Type in your reg ( without the space) and see if anyone recognises it! Long shot but worth a go. Good luck ;-)

ah ok i hadnt been on vzi for a while, thanks i'll have a look at that once i find the pics :)

DVLA check says it has not been taxed since 1985, I suppose there is a chance its laid up somewhere, but sadly I doubt it :(

Date of Liability 01 10 1985
Date of First Registration 12 06 1970
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1600cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour ORANGE
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £118.25
12 Months Rate £215.00

Latest posts