Urgent help needed. Air ride.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn82

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm after some advice please.
I have air shocks fitted front and rear. Do I need to leave the torsion bars in the beam or not? At the moment it's all over the place, swaying from left to right, just been having a play with tracking and different tyres. I thinking it might be because of this. I'm really just clutching at straws here as at the moment it's scary to drive and got bug jam coming it it's a race against time.
Many many thanks for your thoughs.

Leave them in.

What shocks you running? What psi? Do you have valves between the shocks? The air could be transferring when you go round corners.

I'm guessing you have a two valve setup, one for front and one for rear? If you have what's happening is when one side unloads the air transfers from the loaded side to the unloaded side therefore exaggerating the roll characteristics! Raise the bus and reduce air pressure to reduce this (yes you still need the torsion springs!!)

To rectify this you'll need a four valve setup I.e. One for each shock. You can still raise just front or just rear depending on your setup but it stops the air transfer from side to side and therefore your "it's all over the place" problem

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help guys.
I'm running Monroe shocks. Yeah two value set up, one front one rear.
I have tried it with 0 psi on the gauge then 40 psi and then 60 psi. All the results seem the same. What your both saying makes sense tho. Just not sure how to solve it before Friday. Ha ha. I can't run less air as like said tried with 0 on the gauge. Can't raise the bus either. It's as high as it can possibly go.
Head scratch and think about it.

I have Monroe on the front of mine, I first drove it at 80 and that was like a boat so up'd it. I now drive mine at 120 and its great. More valves will stop it altogether though.

I had those monroe's up front too but i never liked them shockwise!
Ad any pressure the shock perfomance was very poor against my current koni's!, and after a year or so they where completely leak :x

I don't really drive with any air. Just to help with the dreaded speed bumps. Going to try more rear valve to front tho and see if makes the difference and then will just try find somewhere to get another two.

I think you just out lined why it drives so bad, you need some PSI in the shocks.

Sorry meant much air. Just 20-30 psi. But even from 0-100psi it felt the same. I will try the valves and maybe try running it at 40 psi.

Latest posts