Vanfest California Trip Build 69 Patina Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing CFR - Kingston Shipping but I am picking it up myself in Felixtowe.
Got my plane tickets today , so gotta hurry up and finish the bus now.

Im still waiting on tickets...but I will get them very soon...what day are you flying in?

Im looking forward to it...should be quite the adventure!
Im a bit nervous though...first time through the process!!

Due to work schedule I fly into London the 9th , so it will be tight but should have plenty of time to drive to the show.
An adventure it is , and you have to be nervous it's part of the fun :mrgreen:

Stayed up late at my brother's place last night stitching up the front seats and the center seat in the matching blue plaid...didnt quite get it finished yet, but it looks awesome! Im swapping out front door panels today and am working on the interior. The masks for the graphics are almost done, should be able to brush on the lettering first thing next week. Polishing up the original finish and doing a little touch up too... BIG progress, photos to come!!

Hi Randy

Got our bus off your site last year, the 69 Westy from the Walkers in Missouri.

Look forward to meeting you at Vanfest.

Steve

Hey there Steve!
I look forward to meeting you as well !

I did some interior painting yesterday, fitted the new seat stand mats, a very nice dash cover, and did a bit more bodywork on the nose. The seats are going to be done this weekend and I hope to get everything all in there in the beginning of the week!

Scored some new "used" parts off of the 68 Bay that I just got to part out (if you need any parts, please PM me!)

More photos shortly!!

Well I am making some killer progress on the Bus and it is looking fantastic. I am nervous as heck though as I am waiting for the title to arrive in the mail from the DMV and I cant ship the Bus without it!! Normally it takes a week or two to arrive, is now been three and each day the mailbox trip makes me more and more stressed! Please pray for me on that one!!

Here is a pic of it after today's labors....
704949.jpg

Looking good Randy , sounds like our buses might share a container , I am dropping the bus at the shippers early next week , hope you get your title before then.

Chris at CFR said this Friday was the last day I could drop it off... what day are you bringing yours?

Maybe they will share the same container!...in fact, maybe we should explore that option...might be cheaper if we split a container rather than go individually???

The earliest I can is monday as we are installing the poptop on saturday.
If it's cheaper I'm up for it , but I really can't before that day.
Is Barry also shipping a bus ?

I will contact Chris and see what the costs are. Barry and I are traveling together but he is only bringing parts.

What day were you planning on delivering your Van?

If I can squeak out the weekend I will have more time to really finish the Van off (and give me a couple more days for the papers to arrive!)

The DMV supposedly mailed it out on the 15th...but I dont have it yet! :evil:
If it is not in Saturday's mail I must look into other options!
I am quite concerned at the moment.

Photos from my trip in the Van yesterday to Newport Beach and Balboa Island!

706132.jpg

706133.jpg

706134.jpg

706136.jpg

What a great drive that was...and the looks it got were great. I even cruised it by the Balboa Bay Club Resort and the guys at the guard shack were really tripping out at it! :lol: I picked up a couple stickers and a Newport Beach keychain!

Here is a pic of my brother fitting the seat upholstery...completed photos to come shortly.
(Thanks for the help Bro!!)
706137.jpg

Latest posts