• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: My First Camper!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panel
After many years of wanting I am now more than ready to put my money where my mouth is and buy my first camper!

So I feel like I have two options;
  • a complete project that's not too far from home (Leeds)
  • something with a long MOT can be pretty much anywhere I guess.

I'm looking for a RHD tin-top or sunroof and I don't really want a cross-over.
I will consider a pop-top as I hear I can convert them to a sun-roof with relative ease, but obviously I won't pay as much for one with a pop.

Colour and paint condition unimportant if the price is right (resprays don't seem to be cheap!)

My budget for the whole project is about £7,500.

Reckon you can help? Open to suggestions and any questions I can answer to help me in my search!

Cheers,
George

Thanks Sean but unfortunately that's outside of my price range. Thanks for the consideration though :)

gvee said:
Bump!

Can anyone help me? :)

Hi George

We have a number of buses on the way from the US at the moment that fit what you are looking for and will fall within your budget, drop me an email and I can send pictures etc.

[email protected]

Check this, can do you a deal on it

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the offer but that's just too steep for me, especially without an MOT.
Cheers anyway,
George

Just a wee update...

After chatting with Gadget I'm swayed towards the possibility of a Westy, as it seems easy enough to drop the top off and have the metal slider sunroof. Sweet.

gvee said:
Just a wee update...

After chatting with Gadget I'm swayed towards the possibility of a Westy, as it seems easy enough to drop the top off and have the metal slider sunroof. Sweet.

The only problem with that is that most Westies do not have the sunroof drain holes fitted as these were not part of the 'Westfalia Preparation' at the factory and you need these on a sunroof bus as the seal is not completely water tight, its a felt seal like they fitted to MKII golfs and water can get past it, in a converted westy the water would have no where to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160503727987&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this could be anything you want it to be with your extra cash spent on it :)

Hi there

I have a reall nice 68 that comes with a full MOT till Sept 11 & unfortunately I do need him to go as we are emmigrating! Cant take the old boy to Canada just a bit to far! :-( He is up for 8 take a look & if you are interested then PM & im sure we could negotiate on a price! My post is near the top of the page, under Matty H there are plenty of photos via a link & a few on the post

Cheers

Matt

Latest posts