Westfalia Trailer, before and after...........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally rescued it from the back of the garage then? :) Took me a long time to clean off the several layers of paint off mine and quite a lot of nitromors. Manged to clean all the other bits with a grit blaster.

Thanks again for the lid measurements. I have made the hinges and getting the frame angle made, then just need to weld and paint. I'll stick some pictures up shortly.

had a rest for trying to put my clutch in today :oops: :oops:

So i cracked on with my trailer.

before
P1000296.jpg

after 3 coates of smoothrite :roll:
P1000353.jpg

While i was waiting for the paint to dry i made a start on removing the poo coloured paint that someone had paint it. :( :(
P1000351.jpg

P1000352.jpg

does not look to bad (if i say so) It's only cost me around £20 so far, but a lots man hours :moon:

At last!!!!!! it's finished. Been a while, but well worht it!!!!!!

P1000528.jpg

Kids like it :lol: :lol:
P1000529.jpg

P1000530.jpg

P1000531.jpg

P1000532.jpg

P1000534.jpg

P1000533.jpg

Hows the spare wheel held onto the front of the trailer as id like to attach a spare to my trailer? cheers tim nice trailers !

it is held on by 2 large screws that go through the 2 middle holes on the wheel and fixed to the back of the front panel.
hope that helps and i clear. Can take closer photos if you wish.

So did mine Tim so i got 2 from the local trailer shop (one for each end) much more secure and now lockable as the key didnt come with mine. Spoke to that bloke you put me onto Tim and the towbar is a wrong un. Cheers anyway. Have you sorted your swingarm problem yet?

swing is at the welders will be picking up next week, hopefully it wil fit back on , trailer just had a quick lick of varnish, hopefully back together and ready for Stanford hall! certainly looking better already! cheers

My trailers first outing :D :D :D

P1000763.jpg

P1000764.jpg

On it way to a friends garage, using man power as i still have no towbar fitted :D :)

Low lighter notice you have a staedy near the tow hitch it folds down and up when towing what holds it in these positions as i have one but the bit for holding in position is missing so use a cable tie when towing
cheers tim

Latest posts