Westy louvre window advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a pair of Westy louvre windows and had planned to fit both to our 71.

However, would fitting one these windows to the sliding door be a good/practical idea?

i.e will the continual slamming (we have kids :)) of the slider cause the window to develop a rattle, and eventually maybe not close properly etc?

What do people think of this?

NB: Were two louvres ever fitted to a Westy - or was just one fitted opposite the slider?

Thanks,

Mike

Personally for the reasons you've mentioned I'd not fit one to the slider unless you a willing to keep up the maintenance on it, but the risk of one of the panes breaking when slammed would worry me...

My old 74 Westy only had the opposite glass louvred..though I have seen them with two......

My '70 westy has two, one in slider and one opposite, but could not tell you what its like as we have not used it yet, but i would of thought with good seals they should not rattle

jon

My westy has them in the sliding door and the opposite side have had no problems with them when using the door.When i first had the van the door was hard to shut so i had to slam it but the window was fine .I would say go for it they are most usefull in keeping the van ventalated in the summer

I've got them in both sides of the camper as well, no problem at all as long as you wind the handle up tight enough when closing the louvre we get no rattles :wink:

got 2 in mine too. removed, replaced all seals , refitted. no problems at all. and the van has done over 220,000 miles, so must be ok !!

My two windas are rattle free, the way the mechanism works means each pane is held when open or closed so no rattles.

CB

creationblue said:
My two windas are rattle free, the way the mechanism works means each pane is held when open or closed so no rattles.

CB

WHS^^ I had to replace one of mine (It rattled) due to the mechanism being worn. So long as they wind up shut tight as they should, it will be fine. My kids have not damaged mine......yet! :wink:

dubberdaz said:
creationblue said:

CB

WHS^^ I had to replace one of mine (It rattled) due to the mechanism being worn. So long as they wind up shut tight as they should, it will be fine. My kids have not damaged mine......yet! :wink:

Its just a matter of time :lol:

I've got both fitted in mine, although the winder has broken on the sliding door one so permanantly closed. Another little job one day. :eek:

Latest posts