what are the bits called that go round the cab door windows?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky

Reaction score
I've searched for seals and window runners but I cant find the bits that fit into the door and the windows run up and down in them. Mine are damaged with parts missing and letting in water :roll:

Thanks, Kerri

Do you mean the guide that the bottom of the window sits in or the window scrapers?

Pictures would definitely help :)

Can you identify it from this picture:

8146427_01_large.jpg

?

Deimo's have a nice break down of bits: http://www.deimosaircooled.com/products/exterior/bay-window-bus/cab-doors/window-seals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you mean the bit the glass slides up and down in then the proper name is FURFLUX but they prob call it window channel or guide in catalog.

67panel said:
if you mean the bit the glass slides up and down in then the proper name is FURFLUX but they prob call it window channel or guide in catalog.

Yes thanks 67 panel thats the stuff.......the black coated metal bits up the side on that pic that gvee put on . Can they just be fitted without removing glass?

yes ,you will have to undo the 2 bolts that hold it to the lifter mech to slide it a bit so you can get the guide to push past glass .make sure the clips that hold the furflux in place are ok,they also hold outer scraper in ,5 each door.

So do I need to buy 2 of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-Channel-Furflex-VW-TRANSPORTER-T2-67-79-/280754244583?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415e41cbe7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

67panel said:
1 per door ;)

:lol: cheeky! I wasn't sure as the picture looks lie it only covers a side and the top but my window need something down both sides....I'll go order 2 now ......sorry for the dumb blonde questions :mrgreen:

Latest posts