What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Finally fitted the correct spire clips to the cab doors and fitted the interior handle! Then fitted a 'Haro Racing' patch to the poptop canvas to cover the hole I put in it when the screwdrive slipped when I fitted the stupid thing! On the up side the patch looks kinda cool 8) . Then treated the bus to a wash n wax ready for Cheddar tomorrow for a 70s theme Jubilee weekend 8)

003-26.jpg

Nice work, Standard!

I fixed a wee oil leak. Then I adjusted the steering box. Then I did the tappets. Took it up the road waited for it to cool right down then did the tappets again. I left the locking nut on one loose :oops: :oops: Only did about two miles but when I got back the engine sounded like a stone in a tin can and the gap had increased to Cheddar Gorge proportions :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: But she's already for JK's open day tomorrow :D :D :D A steady running in speed tomorrow. Think I'll give the motorways a miss.

Became first time early bay owners yesterday after 6 months waiting for restoration project to be finished...went for a drive (in the rain) to visit some friends and had tea and scones on their drive. Can't wait to sleep in it next weekend!

Sorry if this post comes up twice but we're new to this and it didn't seem to post first time round!

doz said:
I fixed a wee oil leak. Then I adjusted the steering box. Then I did the tappets. Took it up the road waited for it to cool right down then did the tappets again. I left the locking nut on one loose :oops: :oops: Only did about two miles but when I got back the engine sounded like a stone in a tin can and the gap had increased to Cheddar Gorge proportions :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: But she's already for JK's open day tomorrow :D :D :D A steady running in speed tomorrow. Think I'll give the motorways a miss.

JK's open day was today (saturday)
http://www.justkampers.com/events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stonor is tomorrow :)
http://www.abvwc.co.uk/#/stonorvw-expo28/4531353550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cuban Breeze said:
Became first time early bay owners yesterday after 6 months waiting for restoration project to be finished...went for a drive (in the rain) to visit some friends and had tea and scones on their drive. Can't wait to sleep in it next weekend!

Sorry if this post comes up twice but we're new to this and it didn't seem to post first time round!

Its all good :D .........You will find all you ever need here, Advice in tech & styling, aswell as the banter!!!
There all a great bunch. 8)

Oh...congratulations & welcome. :D

I scrubbed the whole interior, recovered and fitted 5 interior panels, fitted new sun visors, wired in some interior lights, fitted cab carpet, removed the old curtain wires ready to fit my gliss tomorrow and, thanks to the advice from Graham L, removed the grab handle from the bulk head ready to fit my cooker:) ......looking better by the day.....I love having a van again :mrgreen: :bliss:

Gave it it's first good run after the engine rebuild to JK's open day. Rosie repaid me by pidderling oil out of the near side rocker cover then shared it with my nice new vintage speed exhaust and remote oil filter :( :cry: :( :cry: Anybody want a pair of Empi bolt rocker covers which incorporate a oil total loss system :oops: :oops: :oops:

First successful repair - right indicator not working (front); took bulb out, looked at it, wondered "Where can I get one of those from on a long Bank Holiday?" put it back; it's now working. Brilliant. But still raining.

Continued the fight against the castle nut on the rear axle. Now where is that plasma cutting wheel.......... :evil:

Marvel said:
Continued the fight against the castle nut on the rear axle. Now where is that plasma cutting wheel.......... :evil:

In the past I've needed to engage the assistance of a 6 foot length of scafold bar, slipped over the breaker bar, with two big blokes stood bouncing on the end of it! Just make sure your breaker bar is beefy enough. may be worth warming the nut through with the heat gun first, too?

Was hoping to go out in mine today to a couple of local shows, autokarna at wollaton hall, and then the local meet at MFN, but yet again the glorious British weather strikes again :cry:

(just to think I burnt my head at slamwerks last Sunday :lol: )

went to run to the sun show and shine in newquay its local to me thats the ONLY reason I go...it was ok actually not soooo many chavs.

best part was the roast chicken sunday lunch my missus cooked in the van whilst we had a wander around...food always tastes better in the van 8) pics up later 8)

Matty said:
Marvel said:

In the past I've needed to engage the assistance of a 6 foot length of scafold bar, slipped over the breaker bar, with two big blokes stood bouncing on the end of it! Just make sure your breaker bar is beefy enough. may be worth warming the nut through with the heat gun first, too?
Tried that, but to no avail.

sat here watching the great british sunshine ,liquid type :roll: ,wondering how much has come in throgh rear hatch.

Latest posts