What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r73 said:
spent hours replacing adjustable springplates for stock ones, had to crack off rear drums cos id put the handbrake cable through the adj plates. oh and you have to remove the solid brake line to get it back through the hole in the std plates - anyway all done and brakes adjusted and bled only to find the bus is higher on the right :roll:
Any fat chicks want a ride shutgun to stonor :lol: :lol:

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

so are you now selling your springplates( the adjustable ones) if so will they fit my crossover

watch you dont start getting epistaxis riding that high :lol: :lol:

myvanway 69 said:
Took the engine out to replace inlet boots that were split!!!
Now I understand the joke about the forth bolt.....what a tw@t!!!! :lol:

20120529_130928.jpg

20120529_155919.jpg

My little helper. :D :D

20120529_155903.jpg

shoot me for being tick but how do you remove and refit your engine with the mooooooooooostache bar still fitted???
i pulled mine once with it still attached but could not refit with it on coz to locate shaft from box and lift up clear of chassis supports was a rite pain :evil:

:sick0019:

sparkywig said:
Mark6455 said:
4c0cd9f4.jpg

what do you think
do the tyres look a tad small there 175/55/15 but i didnt want any rubbage although she's not that low

mark

Cool
Thanks sparky

IMHO it looks better with the EMPIs fitted, and looks OK with the tyres.

After the company car had a puncture last night on the way home, decided to take the van to work today. 160 mile round trip, and didn't miss a beat despite sitting in a traffic jam on the M62 for 2 hours. It looked fantastic in amongst all the Audis and BMWs in the office carpark :D

Funny the reactions you get though, people either get it or not I suppose!

Got the engine up and running and took it out for a change of scenery, only a mile away but highlighted a couple of small issues

5284f9c9-fa09-ddbf.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Mark6455 said:
today i put my new empi 5s on so
from this
7dce7862.jpg

to this
4c0cd9f4.jpg

what do you think
do the tyres look a tad small there 175/55/15 but i didnt want any rubbage although she's not that low

mark

Looking good mark, get yourself a bit lower at the front if you have room on those 175, or get yourself on some 165/50/15s. The bus hand changed a lot since I first saw it at the diner a couple of years ago.

Pete

Today:

- Bleed the brakes - Success!!

- Rebuild and fit the throttle pedal linkage, ugh horrible, but done!

- Drive it up & down the drive to check throttle & brakes - Yep! :p

- Fit & wire in new numberplate light & seal - sorted.

Only casualties were a skinned knucle and a sliced finger - result :lol:

Next - engine tuning and fit some new rear tyres :)

I finally got round to putting the salvaged Devon cabinet I refurbed, not og I know but the sides were past the point of no return, cost me £35 quid all in so can't complain! Also put the between cab seats box I made having had it trimmed to match the rear seats. :mrgreen:

520e47fe.jpg

petegee56 said:
Mark6455 said:
today i put my new empi 5s on so
from this
7dce7862.jpg

to this
4c0cd9f4.jpg

what do you think

mark

Looking good mark, get yourself a bit lower at the front if you have room on those 175, or get yourself on some 165/50/15s. The bus hand changed a lot since I first saw it at the diner a couple of years ago.

Pete

Hey Pete how's things
Yeah she has changed a bit but nowhere near as cool as your bus but getting there
I plan on getting adjustable spring plates fitted next month then save for dropped spindles .
I think I'm all the way on the adjusters on the beam I've got at least an inch more to drop before my tyres rub I think,it's all yours and gadgets fault I saw your buses and was hooked I'm just waiting on John the horse to give me the nod for his twin kadrons to give me a bit more umph.
I missed the diner this year due to working but I'll be there this year defo

Mark

Finally fitted the correct spire clips to the cab doors and fitted the interior handle! Then fitted a 'Haro Racing' patch to the poptop canvas to cover the hole I put in it when the screwdrive slipped when I fitted the stupid thing! On the up side the patch looks kinda cool 8) . Then treated the bus to a wash n wax ready for Cheddar tomorrow for a 70s theme Jubilee weekend 8)

003-26.jpg

creationblue said:
Finally fitted the correct spire clips to the cab doors and fitted the interior handle! Then fitted a 'Haro Racing' patch to the poptop canvas to cover the hole I put in it when the screwdrive slipped when I fitted the stupid thing! On the up side the patch looks kinda cool 8) . Then treated the bus to a wash n wax ready for Cheddar tomorrow for a 70s theme Jubilee weekend 8)

003-26.jpg

Bus lookin good Just 8)

Latest posts