What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todays jobs were fitting my new ignition switch and indicator assembly whilst i had the dash and steering wheel out. Also wired up my front spot and front/rear fogs.

Oh yeah and killed the battery whilst i was doing it all :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fitted a toilet...
jyqytapu.jpg

:)

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday I covered myself in waxoyl, a bit even got on the bus!! :shock:

Today I'm transferring years of muck from the engine to my clothes!!

Cool, eh???

After 2 years of having a knackered window winder, but having a replacement, I finally got round to fitting it. I finally have a drivers window that goes up, stays up and goes down when it's supposed to :lol:

took mine and filled up with petrol as i pulled in it died and at every junction too start ok from cold just wont idle when warm

i think i may be a choke issue

68_early_bay said:
I washed and polished mine then went to a vw meet at gunthorpe bridge :D good turn out, good weather and even had time for a Sunday roast :msn4:
Happy days :)

That's about 5 minutes from me - how'd I miss this!?! :roll: :lol:

Sat at work thinking how to get the engine outta the bus and work on it in a single garage, no drive long story.
room required 6ft , room got 18inches...... who designed this garage oh yeah me :roll:

jth

Irishpete said:
68_early_bay said:
I washed and polished mine then went to a vw meet at gunthorpe bridge :D good turn out, good weather and even had time for a Sunday roast :msn4:
Happy days :)

That's about 5 minutes from me - how'd I miss this!?! :roll: :lol:

Doh, forgot you was local, will pm you next time we all get together.
This was my local notts dub club (midland Aircooled collective) and the local t4/t5 group we decided to get together at the unicorn, great turn out :) I've put some pics on my thread

Shaun :D

I have just bought a genuine westfalia pop top for 14 quid, so I scrubbed it and congratulated myself

07102012683.jpg

07102012684.jpg

Fired up my newly fitted propex :D I'm sitting in the bus with it on as I type this = toasty!

I did actually fit it in time for Brighton breeze but couldn't get it to fire up?

Came back from work tonight and swapped the camping gaz for calor and she sparked into life right away.
Weird :roll:

r73 said:
Fired up my newly fitted propex :D I'm sitting in the bus with it on as I type this = toasty!

I did actually fit it in time for Brighton breeze but couldn't get it to fire up?

Came back from work tonight and swapped the camping gaz for calor and she sparked into life right away.

Not really, if the Camping Gaz cylinder was really cold the gas inside condenses slightly as it's a Butane/Propane mix.
Calor, being propane only, has a lower operating temperature.

sparkywig said:
r73 said:

Not really, if the Camping Gaz cylinder was really cold the gas inside condenses slightly as it's a Butane/Propane mix.
Calor, being propane only, has a lower operating temperature.

Get where your coming from but the calor bottle is a blue/butane one :?

I face timed crede999 and he talked me through diagnosing my kadron problem which it seems turned out to be a loose idle jet but will soon see in the morning when I start her from cold.Chris also talked me through and showed me via iPhone how to set my valve gaps

As always the earlybay experts come to the rescue and I'm eternily gratefull

Thanks Chris and anyone else who has given sound advice to us novices

Mark

Nice one mark it was a pleasure , any time :D I'm sure it will be fine in the morning :msn4:

Now go get some tea bags and get that mixture checked and its job done ;)

Chris

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pg tips and chocolate digestives awaiting delivery :eek:

Cheers Chris

Tappets in the morning

Latest posts