What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed the MoT on brakes and a dodgy bulb...a dodgy bloody bulb. Buggers. :oops:

Fingers crossed she'll pass today after some adjustments.

Something old...
photo6-2_zps09b114b4.jpg

something new...
photo4-3_zps8e7a6fc9.jpg

something borrowed...
photo3-4_zps1ccf916c.jpg

something blue!!!
photo5-3_zps16847365.jpg

:lol:

Started the van to the sound of a death rattle from the engine bay... after the oh sh#t, :evil: i imediately switched off and started to investigate. I eventually discovered the top pully wheel attached to the alternator had come loose?!!! It is part of a serpentine fan belt system and made of aluminium and POWDERCOATED......yes it had come loose because the powdercoat had come away. after a light sand to take back to the aluminium where the nut attaches i refitted....now all ok :D
I believe some folks on here have actually had powdercoated wheels come off the van for the same reason....scary

went to the beach hmmm lush, had a mind check and booked the high top in for paint. good choice..nearly tried to sell him too :(

Picture023-2_zpsd0ae3837.jpg

our new boys first trip
Picture018-2_zps64e83f55.jpg

Picture128_zps241d84b2.jpg

to be dropped and painted.
Picture442_zpsde9c51d8.jpg

Delilahtoo said:
Failed the MoT on brakes and a dodgy bulb...a dodgy bloody bulb. Buggers. :oops:

Fingers crossed she'll pass today after some adjustments.

2nd attempt, passed with advisories on the front brakes being out of balance. Woohoo. :D

I've been using my bus as much as possible to get few miles on it ahead of ninove, done about 600 miles on the new engine now. Oil changed last weekend.

Running like a dream.

Bugger me if its not gone and siezed on me. Drove to see a mate, started it up to leave, drove off up the road and it sort of misfired, i hit the clutch and it cut out. Siezed solid. Theoilpressure was good, the temp was good, there is plenty of oil in it. God knows whats gappened to it.

Not a happy bunny, 2 weeks until ninove and it looks like i will be bus less :-(

repaired the cracks and broken section of my steering wheel just needs paint

2013-02-17160521_zps83495fb5.jpg

2013-02-17160554_zpsb818b117.jpg

fixed it with upol fiberglass mix

I started to remove the interior of my Westy. Not a bad haul; couple of pencils, a coat hangar, a fuel pump gasket, an old tape measure, a knife, a bible bashing choir concert programme from 1986 (pretty sure this the first time the bed has been out since it was new) , an old quarter and an almost new Leatherman Micro with a spare key attached 8)

Really really really wish I hadn't found the crusty socks down the side of the rock n roll though :shock:

:lol:

OldSocks.jpg

Well, i"m about to start mot prep, and ! i swear, if it bombs on mot its for the big camper van scrap yard >watch this space, will report back

Today I found the same oil leek I thought I'd fixed :?
Only seems to leek when I've boon on the local m53 motorway giving it a bit of wellie
After putting ptfe tape on my oil pressure switch it stopped but on the way home found it had started again :?:
The oil seems to be running down behind the pressure switch
Any ideas guys

Mark

About to start round two of operation lower bus.. Front beam is on, rears dropped two splines. Wheels are on. Just need to adjust up clutch (pig of a job), sort out steering play on the worm and pump up the tyres..

Latest posts