What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3.jpg

Bit the bullet and removed the remaining two bellypans (and a kg or so of rusty flakes!). This is on a van with a (legitimate) MOT :!:

Needs about what I was expecting - front outrigger, jacking point, and new/repaired inner, outer and middle sections to the outer sill. Should have it back on the road within 10 days, weather permitting :)

rockandrollcamper said:
Freezing here so done a nice little indoor job
barevuba.jpg

8) Liking that 8)

Today I drove my 68... All of two foot..

Mean nothing to those that don't know me but I've been waiting nearly 5+ years now :party0053:

Took it out for the first drive of the year :msn4:
Reversed off drive, then pulled away gingerly down the road, got 100 yards then there was a loud bang and fely like one of the front wheels seized and skidded to one side :shock:

That dont seem good so i sent the missus out to have a look, but she cant see anything so jumped out to look underneath! Looked normal so pulled away and crept round the block hoping to make it home ok, which it did, so slow drive round village - still seems ok so ended up doing 20-30 miles in the country still seems ok so dont know what that was then - strange :msn4:

simo said:
Reversed off drive, then pulled away gingerly down the road, got 100 yards then there was a loud bang and fely like one of the front wheels seized and skidded to one side :shock:

That dont seem good so i sent the missus out to have a look, but she cant see anything so jumped out to look underneath! Looked normal so pulled away and crept round the block hoping to make it home ok, which it did, so slow drive round village - still seems ok so ended up doing 20-30 miles in the country still seems ok so dont know what that was then - strange :msn4:
Brake seized on they can make a great bang when they release ?

simo said:

Cyclist ? - they can be noisy !

Got this idea from someone's build page...(thanks!)

12v struggles to get from battery all the way to the dash cigarette lighter, some things work some things don't, and most things won't charge....

The gadget has two usb sockets, cost £3, and is plumbed directly into the Zig box via in-line fuse.

Was supposed to be going to the Lincoln vw day, but last night my bus started spluttering, so first thing thing this morning, whipped all jets out and cleaned them, re checked tappets, timing made sure everything was tight, and now runs like a dream again, strange as everything is brand new :? but then couldn't be arsed to get going so went for a mini cruise instead 8)

I found a cover that goes over the catch for the slider door ( didn't even know there was supposed to be one), and made it mine, then installed it. :)

IMG_7899_zps0cc12d71.jpg

slow-lane-Matt said:
simo said:

Cyclist ? - they can be noisy !

:lol: :lol: thats what it felt like :lol: :lol:

Got it out to sort the garage out, almost put the Westy overhead unit back in but the door hinge snapped :x
Then the front bumper bolt fell out of the rotten front step, so that's hanging now :x
Balls.

put it up for sale. a change is needed, and dont really enjoy it no more, mrs misses the beetle and looking for an oval or razor or 911 . etc as the old beetle aint coming home after all.. booo.

itll be up for sale on here when the on insides all finished, going be looking at 18000. just a a heads up.

jth

Well today fitted clear front indicators lens and new backings.new rear deluxe window seal first time me and my tracey.have ever attempted it lol with great success.plus tracey has been fitting the new interior cards we picked up from madmatz at the volksworld show.next its the fire extinguisher we got from vw aircooled works to do.must say been a busy week all looking good tho :D :D

john the horse said:
put it up for sale. a change is needed, and dont really enjoy it no more, mrs misses the beetle and looking for an oval or razor or 911 . etc as the old beetle aint coming home after all.. booo.

itll be up for sale on here when the on insides all finished, going be looking at 18000. just a a heads up.

jth

NO!!!!!!!

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :evil:

Latest posts