What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martin.sim said:
68_early_bay said:
martin.sim said:
Loaded it up ready for a 5am start to Cornwall in the morning :)

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Happy days 8) where abouts in Cornwall are you heading ? :mrgreen:
Perranporth, we go every year .... Hopefully several times a year now we have a bus

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Our favourite bit of cornwall 8) went the last couple of years, hopefully going down again in August 8)

Picked up a hulking great flypress in my bus today, took two mates along to help me get it home. Once loaded, the front tyres were rubbing on the inner arches so much, i had to stop, move everything back as far as we could, and both mates sit in the back so we could get back with steering!

TMI interior arrived this week :)

Put the middle and rear bench seat back in my van after donkey years which were brought in from UK. its been the first time my 69er has the stock eight seater sitting arrangement & walkthrough status restored. PO had cut down the passenger bulkhead and had put in 2/3 bench seat in the cab and had all the rear interior replaced with toyota van interior so had to bring in all the interior from abroad (nothing EB available in Pakistan)!

long long way to go still!

*Sam* said:
68_early_bay said:
*Sam* said:
Fitted my new wheels and messed around with my ride height.
vu3e9e4y.jpg

8) that's looking ace 8)

Cheers mate I'm pleased with it, have some parts coming for the rear soon !

I also had a friend from the USA "drop" in, I guess I really did get the heating working well
qyhuhy3a.jpg

WHat the fuck ! :shock:
Better than a black widow mind you . . :)

squirt72 said:
*Sam* said:
68_early_bay said:
8) that's looking ace 8)

I also had a friend from the USA "drop" in, I guess I really did get the heating working well
qyhuhy3a.jpg

WHat the fuck ! :shock:
Better than a black widow mind you . . :)

Tell me about it mate when I pulled that 1 out I found another which makes 3 since I have owned it !
9u4eru8a.jpg

*Sam* said:
68_early_bay said:
*Sam* said:
Fitted my new wheels and messed around with my ride height.
vu3e9e4y.jpg

8) that's looking ace 8)

qyhuhy3a.jpg

Sorry for the mouse but that's a great photo

Adjusted the rear brakes, finished polishing my empi's (bitch of a job :lol: ) and then changed the plugs ( an either bigger bitch of a job :shock: )
Then fitted new fan belt only to hear terrible noise coming from the alternator - bearins sound fubar'd :(

Clocked up another 60 miles today 8) the new engines running great 8) went for a Sunday roast with a local vw club

Forgot to take a pic myself so had to nick these two off Facebook :oops:

e08fa91e674e3772f2f08e10e3cfa866.jpg

a1e308c8e38b27a951cf88597d4407e2.jpg

Then off for a cruise and a nice cream at the newfield ice cream parlour in caunton, near Southwell 8)

63bd63dfd360e2459327493c6aeaa5ee.jpg

simo said:
Took it out for the first drive of the year :msn4:
Reversed off drive, then pulled away gingerly down the road, got 100 yards then there was a loud bang and fely like one of the front wheels seized and skidded to one side :shock:

That dont seem good so i sent the missus out to have a look, but she cant see anything so jumped out to look underneath! Looked normal so pulled away and crept round the block hoping to make it home ok, which it did, so slow drive round village - still seems ok so ended up doing 20-30 miles in the country still seems ok so dont know what that was then - strange :msn4:

Update on this - getting bus ready for little trip, backed it off the drive tue and front wheel locked up again :shock: drove it back and forward a few times and seemed to ease a little so drove it 4 miles to a little old skool garage who phoned me tonight and the linning has become detatched from the shoe - so they are working late tonight trying to get it sorted!

Took it for its MOT and then drove it home again with a nice new shiny Test Certificate! :D Only one advisory, the same advisory I have had for years, Offside rear tyre worn close to legal limit. Just goes to show how many miles I do in the old bus! Think I might get some new tyres this year though, planning on using it a lot more this year!

Been up to the body shop today to put the engine in.
Before
2231AB0D-D112-4C89-B636-B4BCB90BEFBD-2375-0000051DD6F56E56_zpsd5e38b17.jpg

After
37B9BF36-85FC-4ABE-A5CE-50AADE0381A8-2375-0000051DE5FFD410_zps7f5ad2dc.jpg

Then wheeled it outside for a pic..
Final push and I should have it ready for a new interior next couple of weeks....
61E4E9ED-3D66-4A30-ADB5-63D2131623F8-2375-0000051DF31A1BA7_zps3167f61a.jpg

refitted the carb, fitted a nos thermostat, and drove it :mrgreen:

Latest posts