what is a dizzy??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilipala

Reaction score
hi all

i have to fit new points and a condencer so ive looked it up on here how to go about it and they are all talking about the dizzy........ht is the dizzy? is it the rotary arm??

thanks

mark

Get this instead of a haynes : HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGEN ALIVE MANUAL, by JOHN MUIR
They are brilliant books

Do what i did and buy the Idiots guide!! :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Muir-Idiots-Guide-VW-Beetle-VW-T2Split-VW-T2-Bay-/281291131421?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item417e420a1d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krusty said:
Get this instead of a haynes : HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGEN ALIVE MANUAL, by JOHN MUIR
They are brilliant books

Seconded, this is a great book and excellent for someone new to aircooled VWs

The Bently manual is v good and you can sometimes get it cheap on amazon :msn4:

bentley manual all the way absolutely brill all the info you'll ever need (nearly), don't bother with haynes, i don't have mr muirs book but having seen one they give very good "idiots guidance" with laymans pictures as a starter.

Each guide takes a different view, they are all helpful but in different ways, so ideally get all three, and you won't go far wrong.

John Muir's book is written from the perspective of somebody who drives his bus and is full of intuitive titbits (and a sense of mischief and fun) that, say, Bentley's doesn't have. It captures the spirit of bus ownership to a tee, it makes me smile like I do when I drive my bus. :D

Bentley's is the trade bible...go get.

Haynes is handy for the glove box, maybe. A bit limited but good for the basics.

Keep on asking the questions...there are NO stupid questions and nobody on here will ever suggest that there are ;) . But do use the search facility too as most questions have already been asked at least once.

PM sent :)

Edit ... disregard my PM. I see that someone else has shared the Bentley Manual with you in another thread.

thejinx said:
What about Laurie Petitt's book? Hopefully its good been waiting for it from Amzon for ages

If you've pre ordered the Haynes one from amazon, you'll be waiting a long time :? They pulled the plug on it, I think he's doing one with Bentley now? But he's still writing it :D

Latest posts