What size aftermarket steering wheel 15" or 17"?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
Ive currently got a 13" Momo Wheel on my bus and although it is comfy and easy to use (I have Eps) it obscures the view of my dials which is pretty annoying.. What I'm wondering is whether a 15" will be OK or do I need a 17" ? I'm looking to get a motolita style wooden one.

Any opinions or pics would be appreciated

Surely some of you have these tarty wooden wheels with the rivets in :)

Just want to know really if the dials/gauges are easilly viewable through the wheel of a 15" or do I need to go 17"

Please don't make me make one out of cardboard and doublesided tape

cheers

I have an MCJ bus wheel on (think its 17") And have no dramas seeing the dials, though depends on your seating position I suppose if you would get away with a 15" as I am 6ft 5 and folded into the cab

I have a 15" Mountney and it does obscure the fuel gauge and my rev counter which sits in the right hand pod, if that helps.

Thanks for the replies.. I feared the 15" may still not be quite big enough.. I also have a rev counter to go in the righthand pod.

I fitted a 17" one and can see all the dial without any issue

15" Grant steering wheel, never noticed any obscuring of clocks, although it is quite 'dainty' on the stems and has a slight dish to it. (i'm 6')

lemur said:
15" Grant steering wheel, never noticed any obscuring of clocks, although it is quite 'dainty' on the stems and has a slight dish to it. (i'm 6')

Wow that dash/cab area looks beautiful.. didn't think a dish would work.. why did you have to throw that into the mix :)

Wow that dash/cab area looks beautiful.. didn't think a dish would work.. why did you have to throw that into the mix :)[/quote]

Thank you very much, its been a long haul hitting my own standards :?
Liam

jp said:
Wow that dash/cab area looks beautiful.. didn't think a dish would work.. why did you have to throw that into the mix :)

+1, also, that wheel is super nice! :party0021:

We have gone for a 17" simply on the premise that because we don't have power steering every little bit of leverage might help. i.e less force necessary the greater the distance from the centre of the wheel. Haven't tried it yet as bus is in the paint shop and we are way away from installing it :(

Don't know what difference 1" will make (Ooer Mrs) on the radius. Not much I would guess really now I've thought about it.

Nice cab area on the photo!

Latest posts