What year/years was the white dash?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobus

Reaction score
My new DC project has a white dash. It was originally a white ute, but has had a 2minute blow over paint job sometime in the past.
I really really like the dash as it is.
My quandry is this:
Was it colour matched to the car?
I want to repaint the car but I am over white cars. So if I repaint it another colour will the dash look all out of place?
One solution is to go two tone with a white/ivory top half.
That is not entirely what I am after though as I like the solid one colour look.
Maybe yellow this time.
David

Im sure that 67, 68 and possibly early 69s had the matching dashes 8)

The colour coded dash was available on European models '68 - '71 as far as I know. US models had the padded dash from day one.

I thought the matching dash was as standard on the early earlies? not an option extra :?:

easy said:
I thought the matching dash was as standard on the early earlies? not an option extra :?:

The padded dash was the option, but standard on US buses.

It's not a US spec jobby..Australian through and through. Assembled about 5km from where I grew up.
My Dad used to supply the VW canteen with their frsh cakes and bread roll every day back then.
The factory is now a Coca Cola didtribution centre!
Here is a pic of the dash.
0370_1.jpg

Hi folks our van GOOSE has a white dash exactly the same as the one in the picture, our van was registered 01.12.1967 right hand drive bay window campervan. if this is any help. cheers

I have seen some early-ish Bay with the white dash at the wreckers, but my '69 panel has a dash the same colour as the body. Also built at Clayton I guess. Therefore, I suspect it may have been a model-specific thing, like only on 7/8/9-seater models and deluxes or something, but not on Kombis or panels...?

Does the light dash not reflect off the windscreen?

Cheers, A.

Oh my god :shock: ive just sprayed the top of my dash white and didnt think of that, oh well my shades are at the ready 8) .

We have never had a problem with our white dash reflecting on the screen, maybe the Hawiian garland, Nodding dog, handbag, Dancing Girl, Sweet wrappers etc really have a use after all?

Latest posts