Whats the most desirable Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your most desirable Early Bay

• Westfalia (Full length Pop)

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Westfalia Weekender (Tin Top)

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Devon

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Panel Van

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Kombi

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deluxe Bus

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters
Looks wise a tin top is the most desirable imo....but for sheer practicality and a small compromise on looks the pop top westy ticks all the boxes.

-------------------------------
Own a Bay?.......Feel the Love!!

Foz said:
Looks wise a tin top is the most desirable imo....but for sheer practicality and a small compromise on looks the pop top westy ticks all the boxes. - Feel a weekender is kinda nearly doing both.

Yes pretty much how I see it. Fashion over function. Depends if your a fashion or function person.
Im kinda torn between both.

dean_butler said:
Foz said:
Looks wise a tin top is the most desirable imo....but for sheer practicality and a small compromise on looks the pop top westy ticks all the boxes. - Feel a weekender is kinda nearly doing both.

Yes pretty much how I see it. Fashion over function. Depends if your a fashion or function person.
Im kinda torn between both.

Nothing to do with fashion!? :|
Mine duz all I need it to. 8)
Would be nice to stand up in it and have a bit more space though.

Me loves my panel ... but single cabs are a close second. I think single cabs and double cabs should be included in the list too :?:

Tin top for looks but am loving a hi top at the mo, tempted to change but I really can't see me parting with my tin top, we've had her nearly 14 years now and I know her inside and out...nope she's staying :)

dean_butler said:
Deluxe bus is winning so far.

Would this be left as a bus or converted with a Westy interior do you think?

Bus.

If you want a camper buy one. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mattyd72 said:
dean_butler said:

Bus.

Fair comment. I would want Westy converted personally but with the nice Deluxe Trim and white roof. Best of everything in one.

dean_butler said:
mattyd72 said:
dean_butler said:

Bus.

Fair comment. I would want Westy converted personally but with the nice Deluxe Trim and white roof. Best of everything in one.

I like the fact a westy is based on the kombi, they look good with painted hubcaps and no shiny bits.
If you used a deluxe you would also lose the lovely wood panelled roof that the westy has.

:smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Fair comment. I would want Westy converted personally but with the nice Deluxe Trim and white roof. Best of everything in one.[/quote]

I like the fact a westy is based on the kombi, they look good with painted hubcaps and no shiny bits.
If you used a deluxe you would also lose the lovely wood panelled roof that the westy has.

:smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Im learning some stuff. :) But on balance a deluxe with Westy interior would be awesome. At least in my eyes.

Sunroof deluxe all the way but I'm biased :), but for me tintops rule all the way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Graham L said:
Sunroof deluxe all the way but I'm biased :), but for me tintops rule all the way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sunroof Deluxe is totally sweet.
Deluxe has 40% of votes with pop top Westy in second place with 20%!

This one :cool::cool::cool:

Double slider sunroof, 9 seater double flipper middle seat :mrgreen:

The only way it could be improved would for it to be a euro deluxe with all the chrome extras

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mattyd72 said:
This one :cool::cool::cool:

Double slider sunroof, 9 seater double flipper middle seat :mrgreen:

The only way it could be improved would for it to be a euro deluxe with all the chrome extras

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh my! I now have double door envy. ;D

Latest posts