Whats your day job!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baybus70

Reaction score
Thought it may be useful to have an idea what we all do for a living? Be great if we could all help each other out on the forum if needed. dont know how many times ive needed simple advice on non eb stuff around the home! ie plumbing.
Anyway, here's what i do to start us off.I sell wheelchair accessable vehicles. I travel around the uk finding solutions for disabled people.Been doing it for well over 6 years now.

Before this i was a hgv driver for the same company, and before that an apprentice vw bodyshop worker/mechanic amongst other things!

I'm no good around the house I'm afraid!

I sell music books and dvds etc to music shops, the real ones that have instruments and a shop you can go into to :D

lemonyellow said:
i'm a thermal acoustic installation engineer or in other words, i fit double glazing :lol:

This is great, maybe we can finish up with a complete earlybay version of yellow pages!

baybus70 said:
lemonyellow said:
i'm a thermal acoustic installation engineer or in other words, i fit double glazing :lol:

This is great, maybe we can finish up with a complete earlybay version of yellow pages!

Did somebody say early bay, and yellow pages?

IMAGE_00624.jpg

Well, i don't have a job.. i only just left school! But this is my temporary job.. Delivering the yellow pages! Good job my van isn't lowered yet else i would have probably been scraping the floor! :|

I am hoping to make my drum building 'hobby' into a job, but its tough work trying to shift anything.. :(

I'm been a self-employed electrician for the last 23 years.
Only because I can't find anything else to do that would give me more job satisfaction and support the family, etc.
It's just struck me that I've spent half my life crawling around on my hands and knees in other people's houses. :shock:

self employed web designer, but dont like it so dont do as many as i should be instead im in garage working on bugs and busses :p

just want a job that id like but ive no idea what that could be hehe

i have my own small windscreen company,but like the rest of you i dont love it :cry: at least when i get fed up i can come home early and play with my vw

I'm a digital print supervisor. Long hours with not alot of time to get my bus prepped & painted !!! Now in a strop 'cos i couldn't make camperjam. :( :(

Im a Art and Design Technician in a secondary school. I am a trained teacher but the hands on/technical role suits me better.
Long holidays means i can enjoy my hobbies more. :D

Im a SEN/LSA/TA assistant for a local primary school, mainly working in a reception class with 4/5 year olds, the pay is crap and dont get paid for the holidays like teachers do, but i realy enjoy the job (well i did untill i was told that my contract wount be renewed after Aug. :( .
The good news is that i have got another contract working in a better primary school working with children with special needs. Still only part time.

My part part time job ( if that makes sence ) is working for the Local Government getting information out of people, this only happens a few times a year.

i used to be a bricklayer/stonework etc until i followed my dream and turned my passion into my living by sourcing, fixing and selling aircooled vw`s. Still do the odd building job for friends.

This is great to see the diversity of jobs which earlybay owners have!
My mate who runs a camper garage was saying how his customer base has changed to a lot of doctors and lawers and other higher paid jobs in the past few years.A lot to do with prices now i think!
Keep the jobs coming!
Actually, any doctors on here, just incase i lose a finger or something cutting a rusty bit off my van! :wink:

I'm a refrigeration & air conditioning engineer! Pretty much spend my time servicing, installing and carrying out emergency repairs! Exciting I know, but it pays for my passion of old dubs!

I'm an Auto-Electrician for a major bus company, dont mind the job but would prefer it if it was working on classic v-dubs..hate the bosses total idiots and could not organise a p!!s up in a brewery . but thats another story. pay is rubbish too..

trying to get the wiring loom game going just to see what demand there is, then maybe just maybe i can go it alone...we will see..

:shock: :shock: 8)

im an interior trimmer. :D
vw's are our thing.but me do all makes and models
carpets/doors/seats/headliners.ect/ect

have a look if you want http://www.bromsgroveautotrim.com 8)

Latest posts