wheel fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyboy

Reaction score
hello bought second hand 4 BRM after being told they would fit a treat , went to fit the rears and found they would foul the arches .

could anyone tell me please the best combo for rear of 71 westy the ones that didnt fit are 5.5 et6 the tyres i had on were 195/50/15

i have seen many 12et BRM would these be ok ??? my bus is lowered on horseshoe plates .

my idea is to buy to wheels instead of selling and sarting again

any help would be great thanks

Hi

ET6 is really poor for a bay as you found out, you want something like ET45, but something around the mid 20s would be ok.

Just

thanks for reply ,yes i found out the hard way ,little p----d the bloke i bought them from didnt tell me the truth ,plenty of clearance he said :?

i dont fancy me chances of finding that sort of et on a brm so mite have to start again

thanks

I guess you could look at getting the wheel skimmed on the hub face.....

Wheels for an EB is a mine field really, people are reluctant to tell the truth so they can pass the rims onto the next unsuspecting buyer :evil: Good luck with it.

Just

I have got all the machines at work to skim the wheel ,but wasnt feeling the saftey side of it with me kids etc

may have got away with a little skim if the wheels had a 12et but 6et i dont reckon i will gain a lot tbh

and i wont be passing them on with out informing the buyer ,not my style

I think I've got the same rims (from MWS) and just about got them on the rear. Not much space at all but tyres are 195/70/15 so profile may be slightly different. Check out my thread for more details.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

i have just taken a look at your wheels veedubman very nice but from what i can tell from the photo ,it looks like you are going to have alittle trouble when you stick the engine back in ,looks pretty close :shock:

i was looking in to finding some BRMS with a better offset ,i have seen 12s but would know if thesewill still be ok .

good luck any way if i see anything i will give you a shout .

martyboy said:
hello bought second hand 4 BRM after being told they would fit a treat , went to fit the rears and found they would foul the arches .

could anyone tell me please the best combo for rear of 71 westy the ones that didnt fit are 5.5 et6 the tyres i had on were 195/50/15

i have seen many 12et BRM would these be ok ??? my bus is lowered on horseshoe plates .

my idea is to buy to wheels instead of selling and sarting again

any help would be great thanks

they sound like midland wheels brms, poor offset id the probles marty

I've replaced the BRM's, probably MWS, on my bus with 15" steels, but until last week it had 195/60/15 on the rears, and one spline drop.

007-7.jpg

They're very close to the rear arches, but don't touch.

Have just fitted some SSP brm's ET12 and they have fitted fine on my 72 bus with 185/60/15 on the rear running horse shoe plates , and 175/55/15 on the front but it is lowered a good 5-6 inches and have no issues with rubbing or clearance ! Went for the SSP wheels as i have read and heard that people have had a right game fitting MWS wheels to lowered vans as the offsets are so crap.
Although it may be a bit close witha 195 tyre

Latest posts