Where to go next ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyvolks73

Reaction score
Hi people ,
I just wondered , I you had £2k to spend on your bus what would you spend it on ?
In this scenario you have a fresh painted bus that has a stock 1600 recon unit and a beam with adjusters and the wheels have gone off for powder coating so are all sorted too .
So where to go from here ? Dropped spindles ? Adjustable spring plates ? Gene berg shifter ? Mcj steering wheel ?
Basically what I'm asking is what's the money best spent on in your opinion ?

Here is a pic of my bus as it stands

( and yes I know she needs some headlights lol )

image_zps40fda0af.jpg

Sent from Johns iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice bus. Best colour too!

First of all I would complete what needs to be done to get it running and Mot'd.
if there is any money left I would buy a front disk brake setup. There goes a £1000.
If you want to lower it get a pair of dropped spindles, there goes another £500.
The rest I would spend on the interior, new seat covers, etc.

Yeah I am a sucka for A savannah beige bus ;-)
I have got disc brakes on the front already with with new calipers as it's a 71 ;-) ,
I am def tempted with a pair of dropped spindles though .

Unfortunately there isn't really room at the moment for a car port or prefab garage :-( but I'm going to find somewhere secure to store her when not in use as this time round it's not going to be my daily .
Just need to get her up and running first .

Interior will be the last thing to be done but I doubt I will have any of this dough left to spend on that lol .

I have ordered a new loom though which is coming soon :)

Do like the red9 set up but that would clear my budget in one fail swoop !

Done stock height on my bay for years with the last one , I feel it's time to go a little lower ;-)

It's gonna get a good coating of waxoil very soon ;-)

CSP shifter. What a difference these can make to the comfort of driving.

The main thing will be to get it on the road and see what issues come up and having the cash to resolve them.

The ride with adjusters isn't great unless it is only a 2 or 3 inch drop. Bare that in mind.

jonnyvolks73 said:
john the horse said:
Rear zed channel if me
What's one of them ?

chassis raise of the rear, raise one section and place it ontop of the other hod style. therefore rear tordion bar etc goes up and the body can come down more

house mods taking over van mods, have been for a while now..

jth

faux said:
CSP shifter. What a difference these can make to the comfort of driving.

The main thing will be to get it on the road and see what issues come up and having the cash to resolve them.

The ride with adjusters isn't great unless it is only a 2 or 3 inch drop. Bare that in mind.
Yeah I was looking into getting a gene berg shifter as I remember my old bendy go shifter not being that great !

Yeah I will need to leave some cash spare as I'm sure I'm gonna come across with some headache teething issues as she has been off the road so long :-/

I've only gone down a touch with the adjusters , not really keen on them full stop but it's such a tidy beam I'm just gonna leave it for now , but might get me some drop spindles ;-)

john the horse said:
jonnyvolks73 said:
john the horse said:
Rear zed channel if me
What's one of them ?

chassis raise of the rear, raise one section and place it ontop of the other hod style. therefore rear tordion bar etc goes up and the body can come down more

house mods taking over van mods, have been for a while now..

jth
well that's certainly a new one on me ! Lol

Little point in fitting spindles to a standard beam if it is already lowered on adjusters.

With a standard beam and dropped spindles you will find that the bus bottoms out and the wheels hit the lowest part of the inner arch.
The way round this is to fit Gaz coilovers or Air shocks but I think you will end up with the ride very stiff ride to stop hitting the inner arch.

If you want to go lower I would be investing in a narrowed beam dropped spindles and decent shocks or air shocks.

Don't want to dishearten you, these were the issues I ran into.

Latest posts