Which twin carbs??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doz

Reaction score
I have a 1600 TP running a 009 dizzy and PICT 34 carb. As you can imagine the low down throttle response is cak. I'm not gonna mess about with the current set up as I've always wanted a set of twin carbs. I'm not planning on going mad with the engine. Just the normal things like exhaust etc. So which carbs would you fit? bearing in mind I'm not looking for out right power just a nice cruiser with some hill grunt built in.

Cheers. Where's he best place to buy them?

If you mean the DRLAs then alfa1750 on eBay is where I and a number of people on here have bought them from,His service was excellent and he will get you in the right ballpark with jets & venturis as well.
They aren't as cheap as they used to be though :(
Then buy a cb performance kit for the filters & linkage.

You could save quite a bit by getting a couple of sets as the postage will work out a lot cheaper, maybe a group buy?

I'm on the Market for a set if there's any group buy 36's being bought??

Just did a quick search on ebay and can't see Alfa having any for sale at the mo. So it's Eurocarb who are the cheapest so far for a reconditioned pair at 500 odd quid plus vat. GULP :shock:

These ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PORSCHE-DELLORTO-DRLA-36-CARBURETORS-/290592416675?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a8a863a3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you need to do a non-UK search to find his bits, or send him a message he's always got them (and spares) for sale. His name is Gabrielle iirc.

Dells are the business i've paid £40 a pair for my last to sets (from a secret source) :D then got a rebuild lit off ebay, there used to be a swap shop on vzi for spares too.
Every time you call eurocarb it'll cost you £20-£30 if you don't know much about them.

Ict's are great on a 1600 too.

Got Dell 40's on my 1641, very future proof ;)

The Dell book says you can use 40's on a 1600...just!

:)

Some good info. As I'm not planning on doing any major surgery to the engine I may just fit a pair of ICT's. Just wondering if I need to do anything with the fuel pump to run them. I'd like a set with the electric chokes fitted. The wife drives the bus lots and she finds carbs a bit of a dark art. I don't think she'd get it to start without jokes from cold.

If ICT's are anything like the Dell 40's, you don't need to worry about chokes.

:)

I got a set of NOS Italian Weber 40 IDF's off the Samba from a guy called Tony Irvin, he has Webers and Dell'orto's for sale all the time.

Mine were £300 with posted I think.

Karl

Just got a set of used kadrons off eBay. Hoping to fit them this week sometime. Let you know what they're like.... :)

Dellorto DRLA - slightly more refined than the IDF
or
Weber IDF - rugged and robust

8)

I'm planning to put a balanced bottom end in my 1600, along with a C25 cam, 1.25/1 rockers, CB Bandito heads and a full flow system, electronic ingnition and a vintage speed exhaust
Whilst the cc's are staying at 1584 there is a slight enlargement on the valve size on the CB heads at 40 x 35.5.
What jets etc will I need to put in my new 34 ICTs, and in fact will they be up to the job?

No your carbs will be rubbish and totally ruin your enjin. You better sell them to me for a quid :msn4:

:lol:

mr scoops said:
I'm planning to put a balanced bottom end in my 1600, along with a C25 cam, 1.25/1 rockers, CB Bandito heads and a full flow system, electronic ingnition and a vintage speed exhaust
Whilst the cc's are staying at 1584 there is a slight enlargement on the valve size on the CB heads at 40 x 35.5.
What jets etc will I need to put in my new 34 ICTs, and in fact will they be up to the job?

They'll come fitted with;
idle jet 52
main jet 130
air corrector jet 160
emulsion tube F78
needle valve 175

More knowledgeable people than me have recommended these settings for a stock 1600 single/twin port. So this should be a good starting point.

idle jet 55
main jet 150
air corrector jet 170
emulsion tubes F3/F6
needle valve 125-140

F3/F6 emulsion tubes have no drilling high up on the tube allowing the idle jet to do its job without adding early fuel from the main jet.
Although you can fit a fuel pressure regulator and leave the 175 needle valves in that they come with.

There's a chap on thesamba who is running a 2.1 single port with ICT's, so I think they'll be OK.

Latest posts