who had 'early bay fun in the sun' this weekend!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki-Al

Reaction score
We did 8)

Went to Croyde, it was flippin scorchio!!! loads of air cooled about...swear i saw thru a loop cruise past one evening and we camped on bay view campsite, didnt even book just rocked up and got straight in.

Iced cider in the thatch pub, red hot sand on the beach and good surf....what could be better. 8)

Love england when it's like this...what football???

A 12 hour shift fitting the engine in the van Saturday, another 6 hours Sunday then wasted 2 hours of my life watching football. But plenty of cider and a bbq helped the pain!

I went to Kimmeridge in Dorset, in convoy with my folks in their motorhome, and my brother and his girlfriend with their Pajero and tent.
This was only my second time camping, in 14 years of Veedub ownership. It was just like 'old times', when we used to camp in the original family Danbury, when we were little! :mrgreen:

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

:D

Tiki-Al said:
We did 8)

Went to Croyde, it was flippin scorchio!!! loads of air cooled about...swear i saw thru a loop cruise past one evening and we camped on bay view campsite, didnt even book just rocked up and got straight in.

Iced cider in the thatch pub, red hot sand on the beach and good surf....what could be better. 8)

Love england when it's like this...what football???

Pics?

Danbury Doug said:
I went to Kimmeridge in Dorset, in convoy with my folks in their motorhome, and my brother and his girlfriend with their Pajero and tent.
This was only my second time camping, in 14 years of Veedub ownership. It was just like 'old times', when we used to camp in the original family Danbury, when we were little! :mrgreen:

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8837.jpg

:D

Only 2nd time in 14 years, blimey! Looks like a god spot though. I'll have to look that one up.

We went to Morfa Nefyn down the north Wales coast. Lovely weather and a great pub ... on the beach ... 5 minutes walk from the campsite
4742568498_e68438fc20_z.jpg

4741825783_f396132bb5.jpg

Tiki-Al said:
...swear i saw thru a loop cruise past

yep...that was me!!!! on my way back from a cracking surf at putsborough! wouldve been about 6-6.30ish on saturday....

i used to love camping at bay view.... but last time i went they wanted 20 quid a night with a minimum of a 4 night stay!!! even if you only wanted to stay for 2 nights...you still had to pay for 4 nights?!? :shock:

A mate and me went for a few days to the gower, really good surf and great weather, just be careful going to the beach by hill end cos them speed ramps are big and you hit your beam! :oops: :lol:

GowerJune2010.jpg

easy said:
A mate and me went for a few days to the gower, really good surf and great weather, just be careful going to the beach by hill end cos them speed ramps are big and you hit your beam! :oops: :lol:

i was down hill end a camping in a tent couple of weekends ago with a load of mates. the owners of that site are proper wide boys :) you talking about the speed bumps on the camp site?

Easy, I saw you coming back on the m4 by Newport tunnels on sunday and wondered where you had been :)

Hey dood, its the speed ramp just before the entrance to the camping field, it took a bit of a knock :lol:

the only fun i had with ours this weekend was pan-roasting myself on the roof rack while i drilled out the 100 odd rivets to get the Pan out!!! Worth it though.... 8) Made a start on cleaning up the original paint - although battered in places, its slowly coming up a treat. Also got rid of spare wheel from the front clip, thats done some damage but i'll live with it. Just need a ratty badge on there now :D

Before:
_MG_2982.jpg

_MG_2976.jpg

After:
_MG_2980.jpg

_MG_2986.jpg

_MG_3007.jpg

_MG_2980.jpg

blogdroed said:
We went to Morfa Nefyn down the north Wales coast. Lovely weather and a great pub ... on the beach ... 5 minutes walk from the campsite

Yep, just checked google maps and I have been there - it is very nice beach :D

... another plus point is that you can almost guarantee a hen party on the beach throughout the summer. Porthdionllaen and TÅ· Coch have become part of a hen-party circuit of the area's pubs!
8)

we had fun in an early bay at the weekend, we went to sea barn farm in fleet, dorset, it was VERY hot, and the camp site was the nuts! and in the pic below i'm looking at the sea and the lagoon which is just over the fence, this was our first time camping in our lovely bus!!
morebuspicsandcamping066.jpg

forgot to put this one on so you can see what i'm looking at!!
IMG00107-20100626-0913.jpg

Latest posts