Why did i do it!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint_fighter

Reaction score
I have to admit as much as i love EarlyBay i still go onto VZi now and again.

Seeing posts about Ritalin and ADHD i couldn't help but read and get involved as my little Bro is on the Autism Spectrum which is all related.
It truly is a touchy subject and is one of those threads that reminds you how bitchy and petty some people can be, also how people can read into things as there is no body language or intonation on a forum!

Please everyone keep up the good work on this lovely forum, it's so friendly around here :)

Agreed

Having used other forums in the past where users vent their anger at other users on line this is a great place and long may it continue, I was slightly surprised to see the link on the other post yesterday where the Samba forum where having a go at Deano over his Deluxe Van. From experience this pettiness just turns lots of users off, its only usually a hardcore that persist and they are usually not very nice when you finally meet them in person :twisted:

This is a great place to post and without Earlybay.com I probably wouldn't have got drawn into the EB scene in quite the same way and to be honest would not have met a great bunch of people along the way. (I do however seem to spend far too much time on here and buy too many vehicles :wink: )

Long may it continue :mrgreen:

I'm with you on that one Graham

I used to spend as much time on VZI as I do on here and regularly had to leave a thread because people got nasty.

I'm sure people used to post something controversial and then sit back to watch the back lash.....not my idea of what a forum is for.

I love a heated debate :mrgreen: but these things should never get personal. People need to recognise that everyone is different and peoples experiences are very varied.

No one knows everything and everyone knows something!

Lets hope this site stays the way it is........brilliant.

I agree, i decided not to use vzi a while back as one of my threads was taken the wrong way.
What was intended to be a joke about a funny european ebay listing and a bit of fun ended up in me being outcast from the vzi community!
So uptight on there.
Strangely enough, i posted the same topic on here and another forum and got funny replies!

After following a link from here, i recently discovered this reply to a guy who just crashed his bus! - Called OLD POE...
If the guy wasn't feeling bad enough, this idiot chipps in! :oops:

EXTRACT FROM VOLSZONE.....

Hope you are OK but I suspect that your van may not be.

Any assessor will take a look at the rust along that seam - they shouldn't just split like that!

They'll also want to know how much more rust there is underneath your shiny paint - the front doors would give them a taster and I suspect they'll be investigating further.

Now you have to ask yourself some serious questions along the same lines and answer them brutally honestly.

Just how much more rust have you skimmed over?

I'm sorry mate but painting a van isn't restoring it - had you stripped that back properly and replaced the rusty stuff you would probably have walked away from that accident with less injuries. 40 year old rusty panels have got nothing near the structural strength of new metal and when your feet and legs are less than 2ft away from any impact zone you owe it to yourself to make sure it's as strong as possible

Just my opinion and maybe not what you want to hear but I suggest you give it some thought.

ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THIS!

Its probably a case of a victim of its own success, I notice also that the technical forum is just a tiny part of it which suggests to me, its directed more to the scene than the vehicles them selves.

Forums are like VW shows, the small intimate ones are the best ;)

baybus70 said:
I agree, i decided not to use vzi a while back as one of my threads was taken the wrong way.
What was intended to be a joke about a funny european ebay listing and a bit of fun ended up in me being outcast from the vzi community!
So uptight on there.
Strangely enough, i posted the same topic on here and another forum and got funny replies!

After following a link from here, i recently discovered this reply to a guy who just crashed his bus! - Called OLD POE...
If the guy wasn't feeling bad enough, this idiot chipps in! :oops:

EXTRACT FROM VOLSZONE.....

Hope you are OK but I suspect that your van may not be.

Any assessor will take a look at the rust along that seam - they shouldn't just split like that!

They'll also want to know how much more rust there is underneath your shiny paint - the front doors would give them a taster and I suspect they'll be investigating further.

Now you have to ask yourself some serious questions along the same lines and answer them brutally honestly.

Just how much more rust have you skimmed over?

I'm sorry mate but painting a van isn't restoring it - had you stripped that back properly and replaced the rusty stuff you would probably have walked away from that accident with less injuries. 40 year old rusty panels have got nothing near the structural strength of new metal and when your feet and legs are less than 2ft away from any impact zone you owe it to yourself to make sure it's as strong as possible

Just my opinion and maybe not what you want to hear but I suggest you give it some thought.

ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THIS!

As the owner of old Poe this post amongst a couple of others on Volkszone was why I let the thread die.

what baffles me is how helpfull people can be over there. :mrgreen:

the answer to a few of my questions back in the day when i had zero knowlage on vws,was use the search function,here we go again we havent heard this one before.

is that the same search function, where the answers to questions are "use the search function" :lol:

imho if you have heard it a thousand times just avoid the post,i rarely go there anymore

There's only one other forum i use with a friendly vibe, and thats a drum building forum. However that one still doesn't beat the friendly nature of this one. I am an admin on a local music forum and i have pretty much abandoned it because it can be one of two things, Dead or alive with complete idiots hell bent on causing arguments..

I like it here, it's nice :D

on defence of VZI..Bri and the mod do a cracking job of running the site.Its not VZI but the people who join it that are to blame.Ive had blows on there before than sat back and thought...nope...just leave it!!!

The one thing that Early Bay has the Vzi doesnt is everyone has one thing in common and that is an early bay.On many forums that im on(one thing owners) you do feel more 'at home' there
On Vzi's defence again...the alternate engine slot is Blinding!!loads of helpfull guys on there..im sure there are more but it just the main one i use
As for threads like ADHT...I know nothing about it,not know anyone with it so im not going to post up as an 'expert' on the subject...like the thread starter on here said....you have to be a part of it to understand it :)

I have abandoned vzi as well. I don't have a bay but through cunning plan was introduced to this amazing comunity :mrgreen:

As i have a Bug i was looking for a forum that could give me the same support you all seem to give each other, sadly i could not find a forum that offered this service :cry:

So i desided to start my own http://www.bug-bunker.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; prosaically for Beetles based on the layed back attitude of EB 8) only been up 3 days but it looks like it's taking off with the support form earlybayer's with Bugs's and a few others :mrgreen:

I wish more people had the attitude you guys have :D

Keepin' the vibe going the way Mike started it is the goal of EB. Personally i wouldnt want EB to have the sucess of VZi because for all its good points it has people that are nasty and bad about the scene are lurking on there.

I dont use VZi either for fear of being mauled by some armchair expert who thinks he scores points pointing out of making you look small, its the same with all large forums. Its got some good sections and the parts/vehicles sections probably give you the best exposure to sell your parts.

We operate like a club but without the bullshit that comes with it and everyone is welcome, thanks to the great organisation of Clem and Slammedresto and the rest of the guys that get the shows sorted. I hope ill meet most of you next year at some stage :D

I could tell you a story or two about one of the mods on there as well but he'd probably ban me too :lol: alot of people think because they are nameless and faceless they can make claims and say what they want on forums, it wont happen on earlybay :wink:

i wouldnt dream of coming on here and starting a touchy debate on something totally unrelated to eb's or dubs in general. i only ever come on here and vwkd.com and both sites are small enough and busy enough to be interesting yet personal. if you ask a question someone will give back an honest opinion. if it hadnt been for the advice some guys who ive never even met have given me, my van would have been scraped ages ago. i just cant wait till my van is on the road so i can be a fully fledged early bayer :D

Latest posts