• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD - captive nut for TP case

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
I'm swapping to doghouse cooling on my 1600SP and can't find a captive nut for the crackcase for love nor money - anyone help me out with a shiny new one, rusty old one or a steer in the right direction? Tried all the usual suspects and all out of stock for at least 4 weeks...

Thanks all,

Jim

It's the nut that's an interference fit into the top left crankcase to bellhousing hole on TP cases, as you're looking from the rear of the vehicle - the one behind the doghouse cooler housing.

Here's a link to one that's N/A at the moment:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Captive-nut-for-twinport-case_act_shop.product_pID_183292_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you can help, I'd be massively grateful... and mobile again.

Cheers,

Jim

well I have an old case, so as it's an AD case I'm guessing it'll be on that, happy if you cover post to simply get you buy a replacement when they come back in stock, as the 'spare' engine I won't be working on for some months

D

That would be awesome - PM me your details and how much postage will be and I'll square up straight away.

Many thanks for your help - really appreciate it.

Jim

I'm in Bedford but will be in 'Boro Thursday afternoon, Friday morning and Friday afternoon (extended school run), Thorpe Road, if that's any use? Whereabouts are you?

I don't think I'm going to make it to Stamford Hall unfortunately.

Jim

bizarrely I work on Thorpe rd not far from the bridge and will be there all day on Thursday - possibly WFH on Friday though...

pm your mobile and we'll chat later

part located - removed - and given a quick clean with a baby wipe!!

cheers

Darren

Latest posts