You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where back, 3800+ kilometers without any big problems.
Beautiful wether and lots of great food, love Italy ;)
Scraped good on Elba, bad roads there „damn”, plus on and off the boot was also fun 8) (hit the engine-bar and got stuck :lol: )

Next week DasDragDay and then it’s a wrap, winter-sleep, for the Westy.

Greetz Mycha

P1020460.jpg

mychatype3 said:
Today i made me some dust-caps fore the Porsche hubs.

From left to Right: Porsche, Bus and combined Bus with Porsche brakes 8)

P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010104.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Hi, i love your thread. I need to make up some of the dust caps that you have made tofit them to my 944 brakes.
Any chance you kept a note of sizes/measurements???
cheers
;) ;)

Spotted you van at EBI4
P1040610-1.jpg

marcher said:
P1010100.jpg

P1010101.jpg

P1010104.jpg

Hi, i love your thread. I need to make up some of the dust caps that you have made tofit them to my 944 brakes.
Any chance you kept a note of sizes/measurements???
cheers
;) ;)

Spotted you van at EBI4
P1040610-1.jpg

Thanks nice photo.

I don't have any measurements but if you cut of the top off the Porsche cap and put it on your hub when it's mounted on the spindle (including bearing and nut) you can measure what sticks out and thats what you cut off your bay-cap ;) and weld on, hope you understand :oops: always difficult to explain something in whats not your own language 8).

Spotted my Westy VW-street vol.83 EBI#4 report:
303091_10150474409928154_836038153_11039201_1411729459_n.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Hello All,

So long time no update, first all happy new year ;) last december is my little girl born so not much time for Westy :lol:

Last week did something i was thinking about for a long time......... i use my van for big holiday trips around Europa and was on a quest for reliable power :msn4: so now i’m going to the dark side :!:

I bought a 2 liter Subaru Forester Turbo (170pk / 240NM) with 150950km on it.
Going to put the engine and gearbox with http://www.subarugears.com/ in the winter off 2012/2013.

Not everysbody „cup of thee” but hey it’s my car :mrgreen: sure it will be fun :lol:

seqhdy.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Your car, your rules :D

Congrats on your daughter and looking forward to seeing the changes made to the drive train at the end of this year :mrgreen:

Hey Mycha. Great feature in the new Camper and Bus mag. The van looks amazing as ever. You even got a little pic on the front cover. 8)

Heebee_GB said:
Hey Mycha. Great feature in the new Camper and Bus mag. The van looks amazing as ever. You even got a little pic on the front cover. 8)

THANKS, i’m very pleased with the article :D

b9gi1t.jpg

zwdwmt.jpg

1pcoq0.jpg

Greetz Mycha

I Always enjoy when my camper and bus mag turns up ,but to see your bus in there was great !!!
you done a good job well done !!

mychatype3 said:
Hello All,

I bought a 2 liter Subaru Forester Turbo (170pk / 240NM) with 150950km on it.
Going to put the engine and gearbox with http://www.subarugears.com/ in the winter off 2012/2013.

Not everysbody „cup of thee” but hey it’s my car :mrgreen: sure it will be fun :lol:

seqhdy.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Hey Mycha,

Take plenty of pictures if you carry out this conversion because I'd be interested in doing something in the mag.

I really love how your Bus keeps evolving!

retro.james said:
Hey Mycha,

Take plenty of pictures if you carry out this conversion because I'd be interested in doing something in the mag.

I really love how your Bus keeps evolving!

Hey James,

First thanks again for the great mag-article love it.
Will make plenty photo’s for a second article :msn4:
First up is my interior, something with Recaro, porsche 70ies leather and some stereo (Rodek, Phoenix Gold) 8)
Greetz Mycha

Silas71 said:
Hello Mycha,
I've just read all your topic, and congrats for this beautifull job !
You've made a very nice & convenient bus :mrgreen: Seb.

THANKS.

Last week I brought my Recaro seats and door cards to the upholstery shop, going a little custom ;) inspired from a 1970 porsche....... 8)

30rwnc7.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Latest posts