Your Early Bay Picture of the Day .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodslat said:
cunning plan said:
woodslat said:
That panel is TRULY sitting on the ground... Here's another threefer...

Is that a Dodge Ram I see pulling that rig? Now thats a proper tow vehicle 8)
I've got two Dodges, a 2006 2500 Megacab 4WD with the 5.9 liter Cummins turbodiesel for the 2 bus trailer and a 2008 1500 V8 petrol for the short trailer. Here are a couple more early bays and a better look at the truck. I'm 6 foot 4 and I can sleep stretched out in the megacab when I'm bus hunting around the country. In 2 years I've covered 106,000 miles!

Dude, that is TOO fuking cool. Nice 8) 8) :mrgreen:

clyde said:
Good lashings? :shock:

LOL!! They were new straps, they come 13 meters long, hadn't trimmed the excess off yet because I need to sometimes strap parts down... Here's how they normally are, much neater! I go through quite a few straps per year, never had a bus come off...touch wood!

Attachments

• DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    102.9 KB
Just took another look at the chrome yellow bay, it's in the photo shoot in one of the recent Camper and Commercial shop tours of Cool Air in Erith...at least 5 of the buses pictured in the showroom came from me.

woodslat said:
clyde said:

LOL!! They were new straps, they come 13 meters long, hadn't trimmed the excess off yet because I need to sometimes strap parts down... Here's how they normally are, much neater! I go through quite a few straps per year, never had a bus come off...touch wood!

I need to tow my bus this weekend. What do you recommend strapping down the chassie or tyres?

cunning plan said:
woodslat said:
clyde said:

I need to tow my bus this weekend. What do you recommend strapping down the chassie or tyres?

I always tie it down by the axle in the front, and the trailing arm in the rear. On buses with brake servos I put it around the front trailing arm on the driver side (servo side.) Always check straps about a mile into the journey, then at every stop for fuel etc. Strapping the tires works the same way, leaving the body to mover around with bumps, curves etc. When you strap by the chassis, the hooks can come off if you hit a big bump. Good luck!

woodslat said:
I always tie it down by the axle in the front, and the trailing arm in the rear. On buses with brake servos I put it around the front trailing arm on the driver side (servo side.) Always check straps about a mile into the journey, then at every stop for fuel etc. Strapping the tires works the same way, leaving the body to mover around with bumps, curves etc. When you strap by the chassis, the hooks can come off if you hit a big bump. Good luck!

Tanks, see how it goes! Shame I havent got a Ram to do it with!! My poor Mondeo has to strain all the way to Norfolk with it :|

thats a proper trailer :shock:

i did my test in San Fran in a raised Ford F250 5.8L manual with steps up into the cab, on the way to the DMV (during rush hour) was my first drive on the 'right' in any vehicle :lol: i was bricking it.

i passed :lol: but i kept spinning the wheels on hill starts, bloody hills were crazy there.

looked abit like this

1993-ford-f250-xlt-5-8l-5spd-4x4-1.jpg

Yes, it's a good van. I can thank John at http://www.aecoachworks.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for their help with this one. It would have taken me ages to finish it. They turned it round quick for me...

The other side isn't bad either ;)

DSCN2215.jpg

I might even get to drive it soon too...

DSC00529.jpg

I could be tempted to sell this soon if someone wants to finish the interior themselves...

Latest posts