Yup, that time again. Check your fuel lines!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
Replacing the fuel lines on my van last night, couldn't see owt cos it was getting dark.

Anyway, had a look at the old lines I removed this morning...

CIMG6618.jpg

Nice :D

It didn't leak (afaik) but you can see how the rubber has gone.

So please, check your fuel lines, especially if they havn't been replaced recently. :)

Rather check them than have cars going up in flames over a few quids worth of rubber tube :)

And don't forget to replace the fuel filters while you are there too... and don't put them over the engine either ;)

It only passed the MOT last week so luckily I've only done about 20 miles with it like that... still worrying though :bandit

Made this a Sticky as its SO IMPORTANT !

Keep hearing about engine fires (as in latest Camper & Commercial mag) so a timely reminder - I will be checking mine this weekend !

Scary!...

I was laid up for about 3 weeks and had been turning the engine over regulary. I peeked in to engine bay to see petrol pouring down over the carb and a pool gathering in the engine bay.

I check my lines which looked ok but decided to strip the carb down and rebuild it anyway, just to be on the safe side.

As you can guess it gave me a fright. And to think i drove 120 miles like that to bring the van back after i bought it. :shock:

Good shout.

Had a fright out in my van yesterday morning. Smelt petrol, pulled over, it was pissing all over the engine :shock:

All OK now :wink:

I changed my fuel lines today after refurbing the carb and found that the petrol leak was caused by a dodgy clip causing the line to kink out of shape near the reservoir and leave enough space for the fuel to pour out. The lines were fine, the clips were not, but i changed everything anyway just to be safe.

After installing the carb she started first go :D , i was chuffed as it was my first time tinkering with anything in the engine.

Latest posts