• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Tim i think thats why i've stook with this so much couldnt just rip all the interior out

And Shaggy 6ft 5 thats tall dude maybe you can sleep from corner to corner lol

as far as i know its original but i've only had it 6 months so i cant say for sure. I can tell the wheel cover seats and front doors are orginal but not 100% sure about the door cards.

Araon said:
yep they rear cushion slots onto it....

I don't think late panel vans have it? But then they don't have the seatbelt mounts, or the seat mountings, either?

My '71 Dormobile has it though :)

ok well i'll make the brackets just in case you want them.

can anyone tell me the angle of the slope behing the seat?

Good stuff - full credit for your persistence with these.

Once people see these I can't imagine too many rock and roll beds will be going in - these seem so simple, plus at least in Australia they should still allow you to be legal and compliant with road rules when carrying passengers in the rear, of which there are some questions for the R'n'R beds.

Look forward to seeing the finished product

JB

Nice one Dave - looking very nice indeed. On your photos the middle seat is out....I presume thats just for the fitting and that the middle seat can stay where it is when alls done? Ta

i will check this for you mate i know bayview has these and he recons you can keep the middle seat in place but its tight apparently.

The first set has gone back today for its final adjustments then i'll be fitting it as soon as its ready to test a few things seat belts and middle seat etc then when should just be a case of putting the order in.

Cheers

Dave

No problem buddy I have 8 confirmed orders now on here and a few maybes on Vzi but you guys are first in the line of course.

Want to make sure there as good as we can make em cos dont want to dissappoint peeps on here!

Hopefully have a revised final design in my bus for Big bang this weekend if anyone wants to come have a look.

Dave

Araon wrote:
yep they rear cushion slots onto it....

Tofufi wrote
I don't think late panel vans have it? But then they don't have the seatbelt mounts, or the seat mountings, either?

My '71 Dormobile has it though :)

The panel van had a different/stronger floor pan installed....

How do you know all this stuff dude?

Here's one for you what is the angle of the slope of the bulkhead behing the seat?

cad.jpg

using the above and a bit of trig...

and summising that the engine cover is parallel to the floor I make the floor angle to be 69.58 degs approx.....
or the engine cover in relation to the perpendicular 20.42

this is very rough and hoping the above is correct....

this is the upper section engine cover down and in reality doesnt appear quite as the above cad since there is the first rise from the floor....

I haven't done any of this stuff for a very long time, but I make it nearer to 40 degrees (using a hypotenuse of 446, adjacent of 340 and opposite of 289)?

But this could be wrong - as I'm using 340 for the length of the adjacent - and for complete accuracy it should be 340-n (where n is the distance from the edge of the wheel tub to the start of the incline).

FYI: I make the angle of the shorter section (where hypotenuse is 172, adjacent is 60 and opposite is 161) nearer to 69 degrees

:?

Its the shorter section your after as in reality the panel extends right down and its this panel that holds the seat support spar....

the 172 hypoteneuse to the tubs simply offers a handy reference point to make your calculations from and plan your interior in relation to this particular panel

the lower section is about 48.6 ish give or take a few variations

Ah-ha! I just spotted that measurement - that'll teach me :oops:

so... using a hypoteneuse of 375, an adjacent of 240 (340-(1580-1480)) and an opposite of 289 I make the angle nearer to 50 degrees.

Latest posts