Zero oil pressure!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD

Reaction score
Yep, today was the day, I went to leave work, started the bay up and RED light, as usual I thought electrical fault...... nope

Oil level is ok.

So ran it five miles up the road to my house very slowly, rechecked still nothing apart from dip stick and engine was hot, sump cold, remote oil filter stone cold :(

I assume it can only be my Berg pump has packed up, I thought it would last years and years, not a couple of years :(

Any other possibilities before I rip it out?

Cheers

Brad

I'll have a look when the parts turn up from Machine7, I have a sump extension so the pick up is extended also.

I didn't think there was much to fail on a oil pump so hopefully it's not broken.

Had a look yesterday, the extension tube is still in place, so not that.
Taken the crank pulley bolt out so I can have a look at the oil pump................... sodding can't get the pulley off!!

And because I've put an equaliser pulley on I can't get the vw puller on, so I tried my universal cheap crap claw style puller which was totally useless.

If you've got a good way of getting an equaliser pulley off let me know.

Cheers gents.

NOOOOOO :evil:

Oil pump shaft drive has chips off it, put the new drive in, turned the engine by hand and there was no movement in from the oil pump at all..........

So I assume there is a problem with my cam crank slot but who knows.

Basically the engine needs a good look at I think.

Did you resolve this , I've just had the same problem - bus running great then idiot light on and zero oil pressure on my gauge - but engine still has oil and oil clean as a whistle

Latest posts