Zig unit issues!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
I have a zig CF6 fitted in my van that I'm not sure is working correctly. I have removed the leisure battery and thought that the items that are powered by the zig unit would stop working! However it seems that they still work. Is this normal?

I dont know the CF6, but my understanding is that you should be able to use your utilities through the zig unit if the engine is running, but if the engine is off (and you no longer have the leisure battery connected, then it should not be possible to run leisure facilities

don't think it can be right - cos it means your leisure battery is probably doing nothing even if connected...

...and you would potentially drain your starter battery with fridge/lights and leave yourself stranded, which is one of the reasons for having a LB in the first place.

I don't think the Zig has any connection to the starter battery except to trickle charge it, and it sounds like power is somehow coming from your SB to power the accessories...

I would start by finding out if the accessories being powered with no LB present are getting their power direct from starter battery, or via the Zig....

slow-lane-Matt said:
don't think it can be right - cos it means your leisure battery is probably doing nothing even if connected...

...and you would potentially drain your starter battery with fridge/lights and leave yourself stranded, which is one of the reasons for having a LB in the first place.

I don't think the Zig has any connection to the starter battery except to trickle charge it, and it sounds like power is somehow coming from your SB to power the accessories...

I would start by finding out if the accessories being powered with no LB present are getting their power direct from starter battery, or via the Zig....

The Zig unit has both starter and leisure battery connected to it. Probably a faulty diode needs replacing.
Manual in link below.

http://www.freewebs.com/12voltsdc/Zig%20CF5-CF6%20%20Manual%20PDF.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts