1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
froggy said:
What thickness ply did you use for the door cards?

Its 3mm Baltic Birch Ply mate ill put some pictures up later of them in situ

Worked on Grazy's bus today (while he was kindly scrapping underseal and shit off mine :D)

So, no rear lights, brake lights OK, Indicators OK, but a continuous blown fuse on the tail lights. Decided between us to run a new cable as the original loom has a little damage where it exits the chassis around the starter motor and then throught he firewall into the engine bay.

So, here goes, jack it up a bit so can get underneath! and run a wire. Decided to run it alongside the original loom and through the chassis where appropriate! So this is how it is now
0277.jpg

0278.jpg

0279.jpg

0280.jpg

0281.jpg

0282.jpg

Looking much better and working lights! Also had a look at the alternator feed, cleaned up a contact but all looks OK :)

And here is the happy lad :msn4:
0283.jpg

Had to take off the front pedal pan (Is that what it's called?) to run the cabling so Grazy decided to straighten it up a bit whilst it was off!! His first bit of panel beating!
0285.jpg

And it's now sorted and back on :) happy days :D A good day all round :)

Nick-Rackham said:
Had to take off the front pedal pan (Is that what it's called?) to run the cabling so Grazy decided to straighten it up a bit whilst it was off!! His first bit of panel beating!

And it's now sorted and back on :) happy days :D A good day all round :)

8)

That belly pan wont stay straight for long :)

Nice work thanks Nick 8) 8)

Do you lot HAVE to keep quoting that picture ffs !!!! :?

Artistically speaking I was quite pleased with this picture. It's showing man against metal, a primeval feeling, perfectly poised and capturing the intensity and concentration.

Just before I said, hammer goes the other way up son :D

Latest posts