1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see the old bus still going (ish!) waves to Pete B as well. My panel has been laid up for a few years as funds stopped me going to shows, new battery and fuel needed I think. Hope you get the engine sorted or will it be an upgrade?

Be interesting to know where you’re going with the engine considering the influences you might get from these two well known individuals. So the possibilities are endless.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Looks a great team for sure :)
Actually lol’d at that 😂

I suggested a 2165cc with twin 44’s…..

Nice to see the old bus still going (ish!) waves to Pete B as well. My panel has been laid up for a few years as funds stopped me going to shows, new battery and fuel needed I think. Hope you get the engine sorted or will it be an upgrade?
Hi mate , yeah the little Turtle has been plodding along great thanks until the recent fail.
I think the plan is just to rebuild/ repair the original 1600sp and put funds into other work that’s needed rather than a big engine

Ok ….. so I’m going to update the thread a bit now .
Having had the van for 17 years now and using it more than ever in the past two years it’s time to address a few issues.

On my way to Bug Jam this year one issue raised its ugly and unwanted head ,

A valve and a piston had an untimely meeting that put pay to the engine !!View attachment 9468
😱

Latest posts