1969 Portugese Panel Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prep and etch primed cab floor

100_3198.jpg

100_3199.jpg

100_3200.jpg

Top coat , needs another coat but weather needs to dry up :roll:

Trial fitted Wolfsburg West Over arch mats ,

100_3197.jpg

100_3196.jpg

NOTE to anyone buying these mats , don't cut etc before trial fitting as my seatbelt hole was about 3 inches away from where it was on the mat !!!

More soon !

Had a problem with the brakes on my van , Was losing fluid , and it pulled to the left when breaking ,

So my first attempt at work on the drum brakes was needed ! :shock:

Believing a leaking wheel cylinder to be the culprit i ordered all the parts required to do the overhaul , I got these from GSF and took them home ready for the weekend ,
Saturday came along and off to work on the van i went , Stripping the drum off under instruction from Mr Haynes and K@rlos off here , So after a while in the sun i got to this stage - Happy i was :D

Not major , but for me it is !

IMG_0274.jpg

So after a cuppa and feeling great i got to stripping the shoes off , took out the adjuster stars off and finally the cylinders , Cleaned up the hub and got the new parts out
:shock: :shock:
Stupid woman in GSF sold me all the parts for the rear , FFS ! :evil: Not Happy

So put it all back together :roll:

Got all the FRONT parts this time and got everything sorted :mrgreen:
IMG_0279.jpg

Having changed all 4 cylinders on the drums , I notice none of them were leaking , so i checked master cylinder and it was weeping - Bugger !

So van was like this for a week

IMG_0273.jpg

I ordered a M/C from Machine 7 , for a 68-70 ( and 71-78 non servo ) It turned up and me and Karl set about fitting it

IMG_0280.jpg

Turns out my master cylinder is different to the one i got , but with no time to loose , it had to go on so with a bit more brake line ALOT of swearing and a 'T' piece it was in !

Here is the old one ,, Is it a 68 only item ???

IMG_0294.jpg

what a way to spend your Jubilee weekend ,

IMG_0291.jpg

Thanks for the help K@rlos , Thanks for nothing Mrs GSF

At least it's in one piece for Alive N Vee Dubbin

Even done a bit on interior :msn4:

Teaser

IMG_0122.jpg

Cheers G 8)

if your m/cly had the brake light switches fitted to it then its late 68-71 ;) unlike mine that has them fitted to T pieces under cab seat area :shock:

Thanks for the props men , Had a great weekend away in it , Now a few more jobs to do before Stanford hall

At Alive N V Dubbin

IMG_0298.jpg

Done a few bits pre MOT !

Old tyres off

IMG_0313.jpg

New on

IMG_0328.jpg

Graham L pointed out i had a NOS fishbowl in my headlight !! So that needed sorting

IMG_0315-1.jpg

Tap with a rubber mallet :shock:

IMG_0316.jpg

All sorted ;)

IMG_0329.jpg

Off for an MOT !
:roll:

After a few issues , i managed to get the van MOT'd 8)

IMG_0345.jpg

Thanks to my mate K@rlos for fitting electric washer system , and Nick Rackham for sorting rear lights

Also picked these up !

IMG_0340.jpg

Latest posts